Don’t you just hate it when you taste something positively divine that a friend made, ask for the recipe, and they refuse to give it? How awkward is that? I have always found it somewhat rude and therefore have made a point to share any and every recipe that has ever been requested of me.
There is only one recipe which has tempted me to stray from this policy, my apple pie. ~Takes a deep breath~ So, today, to force myself to remain generous, polite, and kind to anyone interested, I am posting not only my apple pie recipe but a photo tutorial as well.
This is actually quite easy. The most difficult and time consuming part is simply peeling and “chipping” the apples. In no time at all you will be wowing folks with your apple pie. That is all that I ask, don’t say you got this recipe off of a blog or website or make any other excuses when someone compliments it (although feel free to send them to my site!). When (not if, but when) someone tells you how divine your pie is, I want you to smile graciously and say “thank you”. This is now your apple pie recipe.
Starring roles: Sugar, Apples (at least two different kinds, one being Granny Smith), Lemon Juice, Corn Starch, Vanilla, Pie Crusts (You can make your own, I just use Pilsbury), Allspice, Cinnamon, and a wee bit of apple juice.
- 1 Package Pilsbury Pie Crusts
- 9-10 apples, two different kinds, one Granny Smith
- ¼ Cup Apple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Corn Starch
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 425. Roll one pie crust out into pie plate. Peel and chip apples into large mixing bowl. In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir to blend. Combine all liquid ingredients in another bowl and stir to blend. Pour dry and liquid over apples and stir well.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover entire pie with foil. Cut slits in center of foil and peel back so mainly the outer edge is covered (to prevent it from burning). Reduce heat to 375 and continue baking for 45-55 minutes or until golden.