You may recognize this as a “trifle” but here in the south, we call them “punch bowl cakes”. Any southern lady worth her weight in salt has at least one pretty glass punch bowl, usually reserved for this purpose.
This dessert is my husband’s absolute favorite. He wants this every year on his birthday, which is no small feat considering he was born in February. Easily made into a lowfat or lite dessert, it can actually be very diet friendly when compared to your typical dessert. I love to make it in the summertime, but it can easily be made in the winter provided strawberries are available in your grocery store, to help stave off your cold weather blues.
You will need: Angel Food Cake, Whipped Topping, Milk, Instant Vanilla Pudding, and Strawberries.
Yum yum YUM!
- 1 pkg Angel Food Cake
- 1 pkg 3.5 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix (this is the small box and I always use sugar free)
- 2 Cups milk (can use skim)
- 1 (8 oz) carton whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- Trim brown from cake. Tear cake into small pieces. Prepare pudding as directed. Fold in cool whip. Place ⅓ cake pieces in a bowl. Top with ⅓ pudding mixture and ½ strawberries. Repeat and top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with strawberry. Refrigerate.
This is my week in DISNEY WORLD!! I have written up a series of great posts to go up while I am away. They are all part of this one special meal my mom used to make us so be sure you stay tuned to watch the meal unfold!