I have so many things photographed and ready to bring you that my mind is reeling with what to do first! Today I decided to bring you a super quick and easy recipe to give us all a break during the rushed holiday season. Can you believe, after all you do, your family STILL expects supper every night? ~grins~
Even though the world won’t stop for us, we can at least streamline things a bit by serving these gorgeous sandwiches. My nine year old has fits over them and my husband just moans while he eats them, unable to put it down long enough to speak!
This is what I make when I just don’t feel like cooking (can you believe I sometimes don’t feel like cooking? Shocks even me!). You know what? I had these done from start to finish in TEN MINUTES!
- 1 lb Deli Roast Beef
- 1-2 Cups Mozarella Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- ½ stick margarine or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Dale's Sauce (or All Purpose Marinade)
- Soft Deli Rolls (such as Sara Lee)
- Chop up roast beef. In large skillet, melt ½ stick margarine or butter. Add 1-2 tablespoons sauce, according to taste. Add onions and peppers and saute until tender. Add roast beef and additional sauce (according to taste) and continue cooking over medium heat until just warmed. Take off heat and sprinkle cheese over top. Let sit until melted and then spoon onto rolls.