My Number One Recommendation For Super Bowl Parties, Guaranteed To Score A Touchdown!

We’re down to the wire for Super Bowl Parties but there is still time to be the one person who arrives with the show stopper! Out of all the recipes on Southern Plate, this is the one I place as the number one “must have” dish to bring or have at your Super Bowl Parties. Lets face it, we all love to be the one showing up with the “WOW” dish!

A guaranteed showstopper – and of course its from me so you know its easy!

Make it today so it will be good and chilled by game time!

butterfinger-cake

Butterfinger Cake

This cake has never ceased to amaze folks and leave them begging, pleading, and offering up their firstborn for the recipe and another slice! Seeing as how I already have two kids (and know full well how much work first borns can be), I gladly hand the recipe over without hesitation!

Click on the photo for the recipe. Have a good game!

Comments

1. Xasora says

How do you know exactly what it is I’ve been craving? I’ve been wanting butterfingers nonstop this last week, and I haven’t had in over five years!! This looks soooo wonderful and easy. Thank you!

2. Bonnie Mowry says

oh, Christy! Toooooo FUNNY!

I had gone through the dessert tab last week to figure out something to take to a superbowl party! I had decided on the butterfinger cake! I had picked up the ingredients already and am making it in the morning! Glad to already be assured of its success as a superbowl treat!!

3. Kelly says

Just wanted to make a note about the recipe ingredients. I noticed a few things were omitted, which I thought were very important:
    1. It should read “1 can SWEETENED condensed milk”
    2. It should read “1 8OZ tub of Cool Whip” (the large tub is actually 16 oz).
    3. It should read “1 KINGSIZE Butterfinger Bar or 2 REGULAR SIZE BUTTERFINGER bars”.
    This is a great recipe and it’s super easy to make. Thanks for reminding me, I’ll be making it tomorrow!!!!

Yeah, thats a southern thing. We just call it condensed milk and figure folks know. You can’t actually get unsweetened condensed milk where I am. I apologize for the confusion. I usually use a 16 ounce tub of cool whip though, I mean, is it even possible to have too much cool whip?

Any size butterfinger will work, really, most of the time I use a couple of little ones from the kids halloween bags. I freeze them in zipper bags to have on hand when need be because we don’t really buy candy bars.

Thank you for the corrections!

This is all a result of my mind being in a hundred places at once with interruptions of kids, to do lists, phone calls, emails, laundry, cooking, errands, etc etc etc
      But, If I waited on a moment of calm before I posted anything, Southern Plate would be but a glimmer in my eye!

lol
      A hectic life is a good life (or so I keep telling myself!).

I love you guys!

Oh man, I love this cake and so does my kids, thank goodness. I mean I don’t need to eat the whole thing myself! You can also make it different (This is the best way though) by using different candy bars. Heath bar, Reeces peanut butter cup, yum yum.
    Happy Groundhog Day!

5. Erin Liz says

I made 3 8×8′s of these for my super bowl party… only half of one is left. I LOVE that you LOVE Duncan Hines!! And I love the new valentine cookies that you posted.. I just love baking for people!! Do you have any more great ideas for a great Valentines Day treat/cake?? Thanks cher!

6. Brandy says

Yes, we are on the same “cravelength”! I just got the ingredients last week and can’t believe that I have not made it yet!!! It will be made before you know it, yum…I can’t wait to have a piece…or two…okay, maybe more! ;) Thanks for the recipe!

7. Zion says

Christy,

Not about the food:

Before I moved to the south (charleston,sc) I thought there was generally just one southern accent. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Many people have lived here their whole lives and I hardly would have known it, judging by their accent. Some have accents so strong I can hardly understand a word they are saying. And then there is everything inbetween. As for the strong accents, I am usually not too fond of them–especially as it pertains to women (I am a male). But, Christy Jordan, you are the grand exception–I could listen to you speak all day long. I love the way you talk. It’s more than just your particular accent though. You just have the best personality! You are so charming, cute, funny, adorable, likeable, affable etc. Your husband is one lucky man. I hope he truly realizes that. You are one in a million. A real gem. I could listen to you talk about grass growing. I guess I have a bit of a crush. Well, I just had to get that out of my system. Thanks for letting me do so.

8. Terri go Dawgs says

I just made this for one of my best friends here for her birthday tonight because her hubby says she LOOOVES Butterfingers. I know she will be thrilled to get this cake and I look forward to watching her eyes roll back in her head when she takes her first bite. You rock, Christy Jordan, Queen of the Kitchen and anywhere else you happen to be standing. ;}

9. carmen says

I made this cake as one of our thanksgiving desserts for something different than the normal pies. Wow! It was definetely a winner- I think everyone had seconds! This was so delicious and moist.

10. Kelly says

I made this for a few friends and could not believe the reaction I got from something so easy to make. There was none left so I will be making this again soon. Very delicious. Thanks for sharing this one.

11. Roslyn says

HI! I recently discovered your website, and am really enjoying reading these recipes/stories!!! This is such a heartwarming place…. anyway, I made this cake today, and it’s great! I cut back just a little on some of the ingredients, such as the sweetened condensed milk and the caramel, because I didn’t want it to be too sweet… and I made cream cheese icing since hubby is not a cool whip fan. Still scrumptious!!! Will be sharing this cake with a few relatives tomorrow. It tastes better each time I get another piece!

1. [...] Number One Recommendation For Super Bowl Parties: Butterfinger Cake: Out of all the recipes on Southern Plate, this is the one I place as the number one “must have” dish to bring or have at your Super Bowl Parties. Lets face it, we all love to be the one showing up with the “WOW” dish! Recipe from Southern Plate. [...]