- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Posted By Christy Jordan On May 11, 2009 @ 5:58 am In Breakfast,Chocolate,Dessert,Sauces/Other,Southern Classics | 121 Comments
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine everything except butter in a heavy saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Once boiling, cut the heat down and stir for a minute more (it will get pretty thick rather suddenly). Take off heat and stir in butter.
- Pour over biscuits. I tear my biscuit up in a bowl first and then pour it over.
You can die happy now.
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2009/05/chocolate-gravy.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.