- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Loaded Potatoes – Make ‘em and Freeze ‘em!
Posted By Christy Jordan On October 9, 2009 @ 7:26 am In Freezes Well,Side Dishes | 105 Comments
- 7 medium sized potatoes, washed
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 3 T margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-10 slices bacon,cooked and chopped
- Bake potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving enough for the skin to retain it's shape. In bowl, combine scooped potatoes, butter, and sour cream. Mash together well. Add cheese, mash. Stir in all other ingredients. Spoon filling into potato shells.
- To bake from frozen: Place on cookie sheet in 350 oven for half an hour, top with cheese and return to oven until melted.
- To bake from room temp: Top with cheese and place in oven until heated through.
- Can also be microwaved from frozen or room temp as well. I microwave my frozen ones for a minute and a half to two minutes.
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2009/10/loaded-potatoes-make-em-and-freeze-em.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.