Top Twenty Southern Plate Recipes Of 2009

We had a wonderful year here at Bountiful and Southern Plate and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed getting to spend time with my Southern Plate family. As we look towards 2010, lots of great things are in store for us, including a Southern Plate cookbook which will be released in the fall by Harper Collins Publishing!

The other night, Ricky looked up our stats and informed me that SouthernPlate.com has received over 43 MILLION Page Views for 2009. I have two things to say to this:

1. Wow

2. THANK YOU!

As we round out the year, here are the top twenty most viewed Southern Plate recipes of 2009 – in order of popularity.

DSCN4214-400x249

Homemade Cinnabuns – The Easy Way!

chicken-and-dumplings-400x400How To Make Southern Chicken And Dumplings

(click below to see 18 more of the top twenty recipes of 2009)

dscn2984-400x300

Monkey Bread (For Little Christmas Monkeys!)

Santa-Photo-400x300

Thanksgiving Menu Idea Bonanza

Picture+206

How To Make Homemade Banana Pudding

baked-macaroni-and-cheese-400x300

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

biscuits-400x300

Buttermilk Biscuits

easymeals-graphic-400x397

One Slow Cooker Recipe – 2 Different Meals, Both Quick and Easy!

chicken-stew-400x300

Our Family’s Chicken Stew

crock-pot-apple-butter-400x319

Crock Pot Apple Butter

cranberry-holly-jollies-013-400x212

Holly Jollies, Christmas Candy On A Budget

hoe-cake-400x300

My Mother’s Southern Hoe Cake Recipe

christmascappuccino-053-300x400

Sugar Free Cappuccino Mix

elvis-presley-cake-400x300

Elvis Presley Cake

dscn3527-400x300

Melt In Your Mouth Doughnuts : Made at home, foolproof, and great for beginners!

Pumpkin-Spice-Cake-Recipe-400x300

Pumpkin Crumb Cake

greentomatoes-400x300

Fried Green Tomatoes

dscn2985-300x400

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix and Snowman Soup Kits

coffee-036-400x300

Today’s Home Brew. The secret to great iced coffee without the expense!

alabama-adventures-and-fritters-121-400x279

Apple Fritters And Fall Days

Happy New Year and thank you for a great year. I’m looking forward to getting to know (and hopefully meet) even more of you in 2010.

Comments

1. KarlaC says

I have enjoyed each recipe and your humorous posts have made my day many times. Blessings in the new year and may you continue to enjoy what you are doing each and every day.

Happy New Year and Thank you!

2. Terrie says

Christy, I have follow your site everyday since looking for an apple butter recipe back in Aug 2008. Got your cookbook for my birthday Sept 2008. Have tried many of your recipes and enjoy each and every one. Shared your apple butter recipe with several people, some gave them away as Christmas presents and your website was given to them also…no wonder your site has grown. Enjoy visiting with you and your family daily.

3. Heather Bodine says

Many of your top 25 are my absolute favorites!! May this new year bring you lots of joy and many many more new members to share with. God bless you and your beautiful family!

Heather

4. Rachel says

I actually found your website by searching around on-line one day for a good chicken and dumplings recipe. I am glad to see it in one of the top 25! I have tried and fell in love with almost all of these recipes as well as many others. Not to mention my daughter now has a bow to match every outfit she owns because of your tutorial! Thanks Christy for everything you taught me in 2009! (My husband and bank account thank you too because we saved 100′s of dollars this year on Christmas by giving gift mixes and other hand made goodies I learned from southern plate!)

5. Michael says

I’ve read all of these recipes and not only have I loved the food itself (or iced coffee in one case that I REALLY loved) I also loved you witty posts with such deep and meaningful stories behind each of them that brought us all back to a better time. I really appreciated hearing your stories of your past and your family’s past. It’s so nice to see how much people have in common regardless of geographic disparity.

Good luck in the new year and I hope you have a great night tonight!!

Michael.

6. Melissa says

I have contributed to the high view count of many of these recipes as I will pull up the recipe to make a shopping list, then pull it up again while I make it. The other night I made four trips to the computer just to check the recipe. I really think a laptop with wireless hookup is just what I need in my kitchen.

7. Su says

I love everything you have put up, even though I have not been able to make everything either due to time or because I can’t find an alternative ingredient here. The one thing I really really reeaaaallly want to make is the monkey bread but you can’t get frozen biscuits here (you ask for biscuit, you’ll get a cookie! ;) ) and although I got some great suggestions on Facebook for alternatives, I couldn’t get those either! :(

8. whackywheelers says

Doing a Julie/Julia challenge but it’s a Julie/Christy challenge with a twist!! Going to make the recipes from your Top 20 hits with the exception of coffee and cappucino . . . we’re not coffee drinkers. Going to trade in the Snowman Soup, Christmas Candy and Thanksgiving Menu Idea for three other heartier recipes because there are so many wonderful sweets on your Top 20!

Made Baked Macaroni and Cheese and waiting for it to come out of the oven in ten minutes!!!! Can’t wait!!

You’re the best!

9. Suzie says

A serious fall at work in June 09 resulted in my husband being house bound and in a wheel chair. Home health care and an adult daughter care for him while I work….but with him here 24/7/365, cooking is a challenge. My daughter in law introduced me to this website and to Christy in November and we have the BEST time coming here…My husband often ‘chooses’ what he’d like to try; I appreciate that the ingredients are simple, readily available, and the directions are so clear. Together, we enjoy the stories….and we can cook together as long as things are kept easy….Thank you for what you have done for our little family…Suzie

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the
    images aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.