My 10 Favorite Quick And Easy Suppers (and a video!)

As I finish up my book, I thought I’d bring you my personal top ten favorite quick and easy meals. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. I have a video at the bottom as well with a little update on what I’ve been up to and how things are coming along. If you’ve tried any of these recipes before, please holler at us in the comments below! If you haven’t tried any of these recipes, we’d love it if you hollered at us anyway because we just like to hear from you and see your smiling face!  ~grin~

bama

Bama Steak Sandwiches

With a husband who is a big fan of Philly steak sandwiches, these always get me rave reviews

(even though I could just about make them in my sleep, they’re just too easy!)

taco-soup-400x300

Taco Soup

Open the cans, dump it in. Supper, anyone?

Click below for eight more of my favorite quick and easy recipes!

hobo-packets-400x300

Hobo Packets

Make everyone happy without making a mess!

pizza-rolls-400x300

Pizza Rolls

Lifesavers if you know you have a busy week coming up!

taco

Taco Pizza (and my version of Border Patrol)

This is absolutely delicious and much more filling than regular pizza. Very easy to customize, too!

Had fun writing this post

spagh

Spaghetti Lover’s Soup (Use up that leftover Spaghetti sauce!)

Hand me a bowl of this soup and I’ll be as happy as a pig in slop! It’s just that good!

steak

Steak Tips Over Rice

Cook ‘em in the slow cooker all day and make some quick rice. No one will know how cheap these “steak” tips were!

deepdish

Deep Dish Pizza

I’ll admit that I currently have a bit of an addiction to this dish. It’s just so good, hearty, and comforting.

Leftovers heat up like a dream in the microwave, too. Customize it to your family’s tastes!

sloppy joes

Not Your Average Joe Sloppy Joes

I love sloppy joes, this takes ‘em up a notch.

one-skillet-chili-bake-400x300

Perfect Man Food: One Skillet Chili Bake

Loved by men the world over! Eat it with chips, no utensils needed!

A little video update of how the book is coming and what I’ve been up to!

Be truthful.

If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.

Mark Twain (submitted by Karen) Submit your quote here.

Just keep it between the ditches…

~Old Southern Saying

rootsshowing

Christy :)

Comments

1. Michael says

OOOH!!! A “best of the best”! Well, least that’s how I look at this one. These ALL look SOOOO yummy!! I can’t wait to try them. My mouth is salivating at the very thought of tasting it all.

Thanks for bring some oldies to our attention again Christy!!

2. Jennie says

I have tried 8 of these 10 recipes!! When we take our grown kids to the lake, these are in Mom’s “recipe book”…I love to cook and the family loves for me to! Can’t wait for the new cook book! :)

3. Lisa Botts says

I make the taco soup a lot in the winter even though it’s just me at home and my cat Possum! I take the leftovers and put them in quart bags and freeze them. Then later on, when I need a quick supper after a long day at work, I take the bag off the frozen soup, put it in a boiler with a little water and 15 minutes later soup’s on! Also love the beef tips and rice. What would we do without our crock pots? (I have 6 in different sizes!)

Ahhh.. My favorite recipes too! Especially the Pizza Rolls..*snickers.. That recipe is how how we first became friends.

Like Jeannie up above, I’ve made 8 out of 10. Haven’t done the steak tips because the Dadster doesn’t care for rice. I think it’s because of the time he spent in Japan while in the Navy. He helped clean up after the war. He won’t eat most seafood for the same reason. Too many months on a ship.

Video was cool.. Katy was crackin me up lol.

Here’s to finishing the book, my sistah. Hope it goes smoothly.

5. Denise Evans says

Okay I was a little distracted by Katy, who is so darn cute, but I really enjoyed that video. I have to make the “steak tips” over rice, my husband will love that and I love anything that goes in the crockpot. I can’t wait for the book to come out it sounds just wonderful.

6. Nan says

I had completely forgotten about Hobo Packs…I learned to make these while helping with scouts and used to make them often. I also loved the idea I read about browning the ground beef up and freezing it.

I loved the video and wish you much luck on the book.

7. Tina from TN says

The Taco Soup and Pizza Rolls are a big hit in my house. Kids just love them hubby too. Will definately be trying the Deep Dish Pizza next week as the fam loves my homemade pizza but I hate that it takes so long to make.

8. Lynette says

As I went through this list of 10 easy suppers I just made a grocery list as I went. So many of them look like “man pleasers” and I’m always looking for something easy that my husband will enjoy. The steak tips and rice is going to happen asap. As always, thanks a million.

9. Carol from Indian Springs says

Love the video. Let me tell you that it really brightened my day to see that – and it calmed me down too from a stressful day. Your daughter is a delight! And I love the pizza rolls, taco soup and steak tips that I’ve made from your recipes. Those are some real go-to recipes at our place. Good luck with the book!

10. betty says

Christie,
    It is always so good to hear from you, just like hearing from a treasured friend or family member! Can’t wait to get your new cookbook! It sounds wonderful!
    Hope you never change! You are a joy to my heart!
    sincerely,
    betty

11. Terri go Dawgs says

This post of the your Top Ten list should help many a reader to decide on just what to make for dinner. One on the list, I have made your Taco Soup for many a friend and like you say, open some cans and it is “THAT” easy!! It freezes well and it delish fresh or frozen. Thank you for all you do and all the recipes you share with all of us SP readers. Loove you!

12. Abby says

I’m a lurker who rarely comments, but just thought I’d tell you I’ve made 5 of those recipes :). I need to make some pizza rolls again! Thanks for the reminder. The video was fun… my 1-year-old sat here and laughed and squealed at Katy :).

13. Viper says

We always top our sloppy joes with coleslaw something we leaned from school lunches. Don’t think this would work too good on top of the onions but like to try different things so plan on making these soon. Hope it becomes a keeper.

Love ‘ya Christy….

Your Bama Sandwhiches were a very big hit at the office. I tripled the recipe with no ill effects. Cooked ‘em in a counter top roaster oven…. mmmmm. There were no leftovers and a bunch of happy tummys.

But now I’ve layed eyes on your ‘pizza rolls’…. happy days are here again….. THANKS.

15. MaryC says

Hey Christy! Thanks for putting all these quick comfort food recipes in one place. I must have come home hungry because I’d love to make them all right now! Thanks for the update on the book. I’m sure it’s going to be terrific! My Daddy had an extra Southern Saying to add to ‘keep it between the ditches’; he always had to tell me to ‘keep it in the ruts!’ We lived in the country and our road wasn’t paved until AFTER I had gotten my driver’s license. Daddy was a VERY patient driving instructor! Have a great day, Christy. God bless you and your family richly! Mary C

16. Sheila says

Dear Christy,

I can’t wait till the release of your cookbook. Congratulations! to you.
    I hope it goes to the top of the best seller list. Wishing you all the best! I love your recipes and your family stories. You’re a doll. What a cute video with your sweet little girl. Enjoy every moment, they grow up all to fast.
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Sheila

17. Vickie says

Katy Rose is just too adorable!
    I have tried your sloppy Joe’s and they are soo good! All the other ones I have not tried yet, but that deep dish pizza and the Philly cheese steak sandwiches are going on my list! Thanks Christy you have no idea how much easier you make a Mama’s life! Good luck on your book!

18. MaryC says

Sooo, Christy, Did you happen to hear the laughter coming from Virginia this morning? ‘Long about 7 a.m., this good little wife set out to make 2 minute egg muffins like you taught us. Everything was going fine until I cracked the egg onto the muffin half. I tell you, the egg had a mind of its own! It IMMEDIATELY rolled off the muffin onto the plate. The more I tried to scoop it back up onto the muffin, the more directions it took off to! I couldn’t help giggling, but when the second egg decided it would have nothing to do with its muffin, either, I just burst out laughing. My daughter came from the other room to check on me; my husband asked if maybe he should call somebody, and I just kept on laughing. Needless to say, our breakfast turned out delicious, but looked absolutely NOTHING like the picture of your 2 minute muffin. So, what I want to know is, How much did you pay that egg to sit so pretty on the muffin?
    Thanks for the recipe and the laughs. Have a great day! Mary C

Ok so I have now read thru all the recipes and am officially starving to death.

Was excited to read in one post about your trip to Nashville. We live just up the road from Nashvegas, the zoo really is an awesome place we have a membership and go all the time.

I have bookmarked this page and plan on trying everysingleone of these recipes in the very near future!!

20. April says

Christy, thank you for sharing your video with us. You are so loved and we are so thankful for you & this wonderful website that has brought us to you. Your daughter is just precious and my little 20 month old daughter thought she was just funny, lol. Thanks again hun!

21. Debomatic says

Christy,
    I love your blogs, and some of your “sayings” are just like mine. Well, AL and TN aren’t that far apart! I can’t wait for the cookbook and I am praying for you as you work, not just to meet your deadline, but also as you post every day, cook, photograph your tutorials, raise a family, keep the house, drive the kids’ taxi, etc. The everyday life of a mom, and you sure seem like a great one. I love your spirit and happy nature. May God richly bless you and your family and Southern Plate!
    Deb

I am totaly excited about your book — I went to Jennifer Davick blog and read what she said about you and your cooking and the COOK BOOK and left a comment too! Your left is changing and what a ride! God bless you..

I refer to these recipes so often it’s not even funny. Congrats on your cookbook and tour! I’ve awarded you a Blog with Substance award. Here’s the excerpt:

“As a fellow Southerner, Christy talks like me and understands the importance of a stick of butter. She has just come out with a cookbook and is on tour. I’ve featured several of her recipes in our cookbook. Her specialties are easy and crowd-pleasing.”

It’s posted here: http://www.hodgepodge.me/HodgePodge/Homeschool_Highlights/Entries/2010/7/13_A_Blog_With_Substance.html
    Thanks for all you do.