Real Food, Real Fast: Pizza Rolls

Exciting news! I’ve teamed up with GoodBite.com as one of their Video bloggers and today I’m excited to bring you my first Vlog for them. You’ll be seeing these from time to time on Southern Plate in addition to my regular recipe posts. For this segment, I adapted my recipe for Pizza rolls to fit into their “Real Food, Real Fast” category where you make a recipe using five ingredients or less in under fifteen minutes!

This is a great recipe I usually make on Fridays when I have a busy weekend coming up. I make six to twelve of them and stash them in the fridge so throughout the weekend whenever folks get hungry all they have to do is heat one up in the microwave for a no fuss meal. To see my original recipe, click here.

You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is BUT the version on Goodbite.com is even more so! Click here to visit my recipe on Goodbite.com.

I’d love to hear your favorite Real Food Real Fast recipe, do you have one that is five ingredients or less and can be made in under fifteen minutes? My next segment for GoodBite will do this with one of our most beloved Southern Classics so stay tuned!

“Control the controllable and leave the everything else on the front steps.”

Submitted by Jennifer, who said this was something her Grandmother used to always tell her. Gotta love good advice from Granny!
Submit your quote here.

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

Awww… Pizza Rolls. The recipe that made you have a special place in my heart dear sister-o-mine.

Awesome job as always!

SP readers, you GOTTA read the replies on the original post Christy has linked up above. One of them is a classic.

Great job Miz Christy!

2. Tina says

Delicious!! Yea to GoodBite.com for featuring you as one of their Video bloggers!! Great video and recipe! Looking forward to many more! I agree with Bill…stunning!

Bountiful Blessings!

3. Judy T says

Great recipe for quick and easy dinner – add a salad, tea, and some fruit for desert – a good Christy delivery.

Congratulations on hooking up with GoodBite – and yes, as Mr. Bill says – you look great on the video. OK – Stunning!!! :-)

4. Mrs. Welch says

Our favorite Real Food Real Fast recipe is:

angel hair pasta (takes maybe 5 minutes to cook once the water’s boiling)

sun-dried tomatoes, sliced or diced, rehydrated with a little of the pasta water

a can or jar of good black olives, sliced (GOOD ones, not cheap tasteless ones)

a slurp of good-tasting extra-virgin olive oil (the best you have in the pantry, not the stuff you have for frying)OR toasted sesame oil if you have it on hand

When the pasta is done, toss with the tomatoes and olives, and serve with a pat of butter on top. My family will devour this with glee!

If you have a little more time, saute chopped onion and garlic and toss it in too. If you have a nice fresh tomato, chop it and add it in also. You could use up leftovers of many sorts added to this. Enjoy!

Thanks for everything, Christy!

5. Mary says

Great video, Christy. Try a taco salad and see what you think.
    A mixture of cold and hot, crisp and chewy. Good with corn chips or tortilla chips on the side. You can vary the flavors with different beans and different cheeses. (If you want a secret 6th ingredient, add chopped onion to the greens on your plate and let those who were dropped on their heads do without. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.)

TACO SALAD

1 bag mixed salad greens
    1 lb. ground beef, browned
    1 can beans (pinto, black, kidney, your choice), drained and rinsed
    1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (we like chipotle flavor)
    grated cheese

Brown beef and add taco seasoning mix with recommended amount of water. Stir and add beans. Heat. Spread cold geens on plate and top with hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.

6. Barbara Pray says

Christy, I didn’t know you could say so much in so little time! LOL

Burritos

1 lb hamburg
    1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
    1 large can fat free refried beans
    (The beans are full of protein and good for ya)
    1 pkg flour tortillas
    shredded cheese

Brown hamburg, then add taco mix following directions on package. Add the refried beans and let it all simmer thru.
    Place mixture in the middle of the tortilla, add cheese, roll it up and YUM.

Fry these and they are a Chimichanga!

7. Brenda says

Oh these sound good – just what a cold, rainy day calls for! I’m going to the grocery store on the way home from work and going to get the ingredients to use for supper tonight!

Thanks for sharing!

8. Sara Jones says

Christy, in the video you add Mozarella cheese in the ground beef and pizza sauce. In the recipe you have posted on Southernplate.com there is no mozarella cheese put into the meat mixture. which is correct? If you do put some in, how much. In both you sprinkle cheese on top but in the one you also include it in the meat mixture. Please let me know as I would like to try these. Thanks. Enjoy all your recipes!

9. Anna says

Ahh, pizza rolls. I made some a couple weeks ago and tossed a few in the freezer, then had one for dinner last night! I’m sure it would be best to let them thaw before heating them, but my whole rationale behind freezing them was that I could just take one out last minute and heat it up. The bread got a bit chewy in places after being microwaved, and I thought of this:

Make the pizza roll filling like usual, but mix in all the mozzarella. Cut the rolls like usual, but put down a layer of wax paper or plastic wrap into the rolls before filling them so the filling isn’t actually touching the bread. Fill like usual, wrap in foil, and chuck in the freezer. When you desire a pizza roll, pull one out of the freezer and remove the foil, lift the frozen filling out of the roll, then peel the plastic wrap/wax paper off of the filling, put the filling on a plate and microwave it until it’s hot. Put the roll on a paper towel and microwave it until it too is hot. Put the filling in the roll and eat!

I wonder if this would work okay? I can’t wait to try it!

10. Anna says

Oh I forgot to give my favorite super speedy recipe. I came up with it on my own and am rather pleased with myself because it’s really, really good and really, really easy :) All you do is boil half a pound of spaghetti in salted water, and while it’s cooking, melt about 3 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Squirt about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice into the butter (I use the bottled kind) and sprinkle in a little salt and pepper. Once it’s cooled a little bit, crack in 2 eggs and beat them with a fork. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it quickly WITHOUT rinsing it ( and not every drop of water needs to be gone), put it back in the pot, pour in your bowl of sauce, and stir like crazy until the noodles are coated. The noodles should be hot enough to cook the eggs. Then sprinkle on parmesan cheese to your heart’s content! Other tasty things to add at this point include capers, fresh or dried basil, or a can of drained tuna. It can be left as is too :)