Getting the book (and looking inside)

This is the video of me getting to see the finished book for the first time. If you’d like to browse through the final book, Harper Collins/William Morrow now has a page on their site where you can see the dedication, introduction, and several other pages inside the book including some photos, recipes, and recipe listings.

Click here to visit the Browse Inside Southern Plate Webpage

Comments

1. Lisa Cockerline says

congratulations christy! i was giggling the whole time i watched your video, seeing your excitement and happiness. a small tear escaped when you showed the picture of you and your kids, and you with mama and grandmama. family is so important! i am so happy for you and your new book release, again, congratulations!

What a sweet, fun video! Thank you for sharing with us your first look at your first book, and no wonder you are so excited. It’s a beautiful book ,and really neat that your family and stories are shared in it, as well as your wonderful recipes.

3. Carol says

Looks wonderful…….pre-ordered 3 copies last week and won’t wait till Christmas to send my girls their copy. I guess you won’t be crossing the Mason Dixie for a book signing. Would love to meet you. You’ve been a treasure of inspiration, heartwarming stories and yes, of course FOOD……
    Carol in PA

4. JoAnn says

I love all of your recipes and I ordered your cookbook!!!! I am so happy for you and you sure do deserve the many compliments that I know you will be getting.You are super and thanks for sharing so much of yourself and your family with all of us.They are amazing as well.Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! JoAnn in Florida!!!!!

5. Patti Moss says

Oh my, Christy! You deserve every accolade that will come your way…they’ve started already, but there will be many more to come. Your sincerity, your love of family and friends, your love for story telling, are all reflected in every single recipe, tutorial, and video. Thank you so much for all you’ve done for all of us. (You know that we Lincoln folks are claiming you as OURS; and none more than I, and I didn’t even teach any of you!)

6. Cathy says

Congratulations!! I’m sitting here crying ‘happy tears’ too! I don’t comment much, but I have followed your blog for over a year and feel like I know you and your family. I know how hard you have worked and I’m sooo excited for you! I hope to be able to meet you on your book tour…I’ll be at Square Books in Oxford, MS. Don’t worry..your family will be fine while you’re on tour…and all your fans will take good care of you!

7. Sharon says

I am so thrilled for you! There are fewer getting to see their dreams come true nowadays…what a wonderful treat to watch such a great person get hers! Congratulations to you and all your family….I feel you really made it a family thing…which makes it even sweeter….God bless you….and thank you for giving to us!

8. Nat Alea from OK says

Oh congratulations! I’ve read just a little bit (I can’t spoil it now) and am instanly teary. I love to hear all your stories of your family and can’t wait for my book to come.

9. Jade says

Congratulations Christy!! Bless your heart. What a wonderful day for you. You’ve worked so hard for your dream to come true & today – it actually happened!! Your book is a family heirloom & it will be treasured throughout the years.

Wishing you the very best & hoping that you sell a zillion copies.

10. Bev says

Congratulations! I am so very happy for you. Your book is a treasure to be enjoyed the rest of your life. And your excitement is contagious.
    Can’t wait to get my own copy. Just wish I could see you but you won’t be coming my direction. Congratulations again.

11. Deanie says

Woo-Hoo! I am just so happy for you and for us that this cookbook is published and ready to be delivered!
    The book looks so beautiful! I can’t wait to get my hands on it and start trying out the new recipes! How are you feeling up on cloud #9? Enjoy your time in the spotlight! Big Hugs, Deanie

12. Kolene says

Congratulations!!! I still have to buy the book….tears of joy and a lump in my throat watching how excited you are in seeing the book for the first time. My book was a small one but I was thrilled to see it for the first time after all the editng and rough drafts I did. Yours is a much bigger production and I am so proud to have found the Southern Plate site and you!! Hugs~~~~~~

13. Melanie says

I can’t believe you weren’t bawling like a baby! Don’t worry though, I cried enough tears for you. Congratulations! I am grateful to be able to say I knew her when. Best of luck now and in the future. I can’t wait to get my copy (at least then my Momma and DH will be able to put a name to the “Southern Plate Christy” I am always talking about!)

14. Kathy in TN says

Cristy, we fill honored that you shared your first glance of your cookbook with us. Sharing your joy and feeling your excitment. I’m sitting here with tears rolling down, just watching your excitementy. Love that you are so proud of your family and loved your showing off and introducing us to your family. Congratulations on your dream becoming a reality. So very thankful to be a part of the Southern Plate family. Blessings to you and yours. (((Hugs)))

15. Martha in MS says

Christy I finally got to pre-order my book about 2 wks ago and I’m so excited. Tears ran down my face as I watched you and your excitement of your book. It’s just awesome that you have such a beautiful book that not only has your fav recipes but all your memories of family just make it more precious to you. I’m sure it will be my favorite cookbook and one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Congratulations and God bless, from one of your Southern fans in your sister state of Mississippi…..( I also feel like its my mission in life to feed the world…..lol or at least everyone I come in contact with and your easy recipes make that possible)

16. Joan says

Christy,
    I am so happy for you. It has always been a dream of mine to have a published cookbook. I have not made it yet, but I can understand your excitement and pride. Congratulations on all of your success.

17. Sheila says

OMG!
    I’m in tears sharing this moment with you it’s so exciting. I do share in the joy that you must be experiencing right now. It’s as if I know you personally, and I just can’t wait to actually meet you in person on the book tour. I’m so looking forward to receiving my own copy of your cook book. And it’s just gorgeous from what I’ve seen so far. Thank your dear sweet heart for sharing this moment with us all. I was laughing and crying at the same time. And I wouldn’t have been able to wait for my family either. It does my heart good to see that you too have no restraint . ; ) ~wink~ Congratulation’s to you Christy!
    Blessing’s
    Sheila

Congratulation’s to you Christy!

Thank you so much Angela! I’m really excited about Thursday! This will be the first time since starting Southern Plate that I actually got to get together with a group of SP Family members! Gonna be a wonderful day for me AND I get to FEED YOU TOO!!!

18. April says

OMGosh Christy I am so excited for you!! You had me laughing and crying at your video, I’m thrilled you finally got to see the finished book you have worked so hard for. I can’t wait until I get my book I’m counting down the days, I’m hoping I get it before you are in Nashville on Oct 9 …it says it’s not due to ship until Oct 12 but I’m going to check the post office everyday starting after the 5th lol. Congrats hun you so deserve it!!! Hugs!!

Hey April! thank you SO MUCH! I think the books should arrive right at the fifth for those who pre-ordered them. I could be wrong but I think they are just giving you that date to cover their bases. I can hope!!
      Thank you SO MUCH! I still can’t believe its here! So much more fun when I get to share it with everyone!

19. Heather says

Christy, I am soooooo happy for you. Watching the video brought tears of joy to my eyes. You are so talented and have worked so hard for this. It has all paid off. Can’t wait to get my book signed!

I’m so so happy and excited for you! Watching you with that book was almost like watching a new mama with her new baby. :)
    I almost teared up with you. Congratulations Christy!
    (I introduced your blog to another website I visit frequently, and I noticed that someone else is recommending you now too!)

21. Lisa says

I guess we’re all sitting at our computers crying happy tears for you! Thank you for sharing your excitement with us all! Congratulations! This is HUGE and we are all so happy for you! (happy for us, too, that we get to have your book!)

22. Miniwalela says

Congratulations!! It was like watching Christmas morning, Easter, July 4th and all other holidays wrapped in one when you opened your Cookbook. I’m so happy for you. Good luck at your book signings. Can’t wait to get mine.

23. Sara Jones says

How wonderful that you shared this experience with your fans. I got as excited as you. I know that your entire family is so proud of your accopmplishments. I do look forward to meeting you one day in person. I wish for you continued success in all that you do. Enjoy and seize these moments. I can hardly wait for my book now.

24. Wil Cooper says

Hi Christy: I think I broke my face from smiling so big watching your excitment on your video. How exciting for you, your family and the rest of us subscribers on Southern Plate. I have pre-ordered your book. Wish you could get up to the Pacific NW, Spokane WA in particular for a book signing and promotion. CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTY!

25. Brenda says

How exciting for you. Cannot wait to get the book – ordered it quite awhile ago. I also got the Southern LIving issue with you in it – it is great!
    You are such a blessing and always look forward to your emails so much.

CONGRATULATIONS Christy!!
    And thank you so much for sharing this moment with us. :) You are just so real, & that is why I love to read your blog & cook/bake your recipes.
    I’m sorry I don’t comment a whole lot. I have commented now & then over the last few years that I’ve been subscribed to you. I am just not able to get online very often, so about once a week or so, I click on all your emails so I can see what you’ve been making. I have made many of your recipes & all of them have been keepers. :) My family loves your beef tips, Elvis cake, butterfinger cake, twice baked potatoes, apple dapple cake, and many more!!
    Thanks so much for all of these recipes, & for just being you… a real person, & a real nice person!
    Hopefully I can order your book soon, or maybe one of my family members can be hinted to get it for me for my birthday (this month…great timing!) or for Christmas!

THANK YOU!