I’m giving myself permission..

Welcome to tales from the tour, with emphasis on tales :). I’ve given myself permission to write all I want here, about any little trivial thing that happens my way or enters my thoughts as long as it is somehow related to my book tour. And honestly, I can pretty much relate to pot of chicken and dumplings in Alabama to sushi in the heart of Tokyo if I want to so its kinda wide open there ;)

So here I sit, after having blogged for well over two years, tickled pink that I can now write whenever I want to. Sounds odd but I try to be really careful on SP about sending out emails to folks. Some people get tricky with getting too many emails and so I don’t want to send out an email frivolously, so I try to stay somewhat on point (somewhat is a very broad term to me) when I do anything that I will be emailing out. But here, I’m not going to email these. These are just little posts on my tales from the tour blog and I plan on putting them up, telling y’all about it from time to time, and you can come read it if you get the notion.

And that gives me free reign to write as much as I want.

~takes a deep breath and looks around~

This feels liberating already.

P.S. Frivolously is harder to spell than you think…

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

Hey Mary! I read your comment and my heart leapt, thinking YAY! Someone is gonna read what I write here, too! lol
      I’m awful, but I guess we all need to know a friend will sit and chat even when we go more off topic than usual :)
      Looking forward to seeing you again!
      You’ve just been such a joy!

1. Judy D. says

Christy…This tour is going to be an experience you’ll never forget, and I’m so glad you’re going to share your thoughts with us. I think meeting up with some of the folks that have been faithfully following your blog is going to be a hoot. I know you’re going to be as far west as Texas, but it’s still awfully far from where I am in beautiful So. California. I can’t wait for Amazon to ship out the books I ordered (some for gifts) so I can read more about you and your family…and, of course, try out more recipes. =) Have a blast on the tour and be safe. …Hugs, JD

2. Suzanne B. says

Yes! I can’t wait to hear about your tour adventures! You just go and gallivant on any old topic you want to!

I’m trying my best to switch my work schedule around a bit to come and see you in Asheville, NC. Honestly I think my boyfriend is just as excited as I am to give you a hug ;)

Yo, Christy!! What a great idea having this special blog…you need it!! Am looking foreward to meetin’ & greetin’ you in Asheville, NC…And your MAMA, too! Just hope my brother behaves himself….If he starts telling you tales about me, don’t believe half of what he tells you and disregard the rest…he- he- he!! By the way, I am enjoying the Southern Plate spread in Southern Living…all of you look great, but the ones with the kids and Zoe…awww priceless!!

4. Grace says

Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville. We go to the Festival of Books
    every year. If you have never been to it you are in for a treat. Your family will
    enjoy it also. They have children and young adult authors in addition to the
    adults. The atmosphere is so nice and I think you will enjoy it.
    Will you be cooking there. Last year they had a cooking site outside.
    We are so proud of you in Athens.

5. Annarose says

Start typing away, lady! Can’t believe people get annoyed at getting e-mails. They can just ask to be removed from your e-mail list or ignore them. For some reason I’m not signed up for e-mail updates- I just check the blog to see if you’ve written anything. I’m low tech that way! Anyway, I preordered your book from Amazon.com tonight :D Do you know if any book plates are left? I forwarded my e-mail confirmation to your publisher. Also, Amazon.com says the release date is October 5. Does that mean the books will be shipped out that day or that they should arrive at our houses that day? Can’t wait for the book to get here, considering how much I love your blog I think the book will be my most used cook book!

6. Angie says

You know at the end of every Fox News radio blurb, the reporter says “We report, you decide . . . ” Well, Christy, darlin’ . . . you write and I’ll read!!! Look so forward to it!