20 Recipes for Ground Beef

If you have kids who like to be read stories, click here and let me read my new favorite children’s book to them!

As I’m bee-bopping around on this book tour of mine, I thought I’d bring you a few compilation posts from time to time. Today’s post is all about that good old family favorite: Ground Beef. Below you’ll find some of my personal favorite ground beef recipes and a list of just about every ground beef recipe on Southern Plate (I may have left one or two out but I think I got ‘em all in there).

I hope you enjoy these recipes and keep your eyes open for my next post, which will be sweet as honey! ~winks and grins~

Ground Beef Stew (with a secret!)

Hearty, filling, easy, economical, and bursting with flavor!

Deep Dish Pizza

Made this the night I came home from the first week of touring. It hit the spot!

Hobo Packets

Ever feel like your family expects you to be a short order cook in the kitchen? You’ll love this recipe, then! Hobo packets are a snap to put together and easily customizable to suit everyone!

Pizza Rolls

This was a favorite at our house when we were teens and is a favorite at my house any day!

Taco Soup – World’s Easiest Supper

Gotta love a recipe where you throw everything in a pot and come back to supper fifteen minutes later!

MORE ground beef recipes!

Christy’s Crock Pot Chili

Not  Your Average Joe Sloppy Joes

Meatloaf! Making, Freezing, and Small Batch Options

Baked Sandwiches

Taco Pizza (and my version of Border Patrol)

Super Easy Spaghetti Sauce

Crunchy Beef Casserole (and my casserole dish collection)

Daddy’s Hot Dog Chili

Meatballs Make Many Meals

Dirty Rice and a tale of no refunds

Janice’s Stuffed Peppers

Mama’s Taco Casserole - oh how I love this!

Shipwreck Casserole, ARR!

Slow Cooker Lasagna

**THIS POST is how I process large quantities of ground beef. The post is pretty old but it still shows it just as well. I prefer to buy large quantities of ground beef and cook it all at once. I then freeze it to have cooked ground beef on hand anytime I need to whip up a quick meal. This is my #1 timesaver!

Subscribe to Southern Plate by email and never miss a single post!

Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together.

Thank you so much, Susan Crane, for submitting this quote. To submit a quote or see others, please click here.

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

1. lindsay mizer says

I still want to adopt flat christy for a weekend. We could make potato chip cookies!

This list is great. Money’s been a little tight for us, and I’m sure a lot of others. It’s great to see ways to make something as simple as ground beef make a lot of different, healthy and simple meals!

Smooches!
    -Lindsay and the wonder twins

2. Carla Grytdal says

I caught myself giggling at you:

“Slow Cooker Meatloaf (A Flat Christy post) – I’m going to do more of these soon as I have time”

You’ll do more when you have more time to do more??? LOL! Doesn’t sound like that’s gonna happen soon. Are you taking your vitamins? Getting enough sleep? Eating right? I am your mamma’s helper (I can only be her helper, cause you sound like you got yourself a great mamma!) TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

3. Denise in Dallas says

I’ve been wondering where Flat Christy has been lately! We would love to have her come to visit! We love your deep dish pizza! All the other recipes sound great, too!

Looking forward to October 26th at Firewheel!!

Denise in Dallas

4. Gail Reed says

My daughter, Ashleigh and I were just talking about deep dish pizza yesterday and this morning (gentle, musical hallelujah’s) I see your recipe. Well, can’t you guess what’s for dinner tonite!! Love your recipes, love your great sense of humor and envy your energy with your family, blog and book tour. Blessings to you honey.

5. Ruth says

Hey Christy have you made Ratatouille? I’m kind of looking for a recipe on that I kind of want to try it.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve cooked your taco soup. I use petite diced tomatoes instead of Rot-ell though. Rot-ell was to spicy for me. lol.

Thank you Christy! I know my lil’ sis is going to appreciate this, as her husband will only eat ground beef. She’s always looking for new recipes. I had completely forgotten about the hobo packets. My mom used to make those and cook them in the fireplace. Thanks for bringing back some great childhood memories which will start a new one with my family!

7. terri anderson says

Thank you for this!! My dad just had a cow processed so we are overflowing with fresh ground beef! Love the fact that we know where it came from, and that it wasn’t pumped full of antibiotics and whatever all else, and is organic.

Thank you so much for posting this. We just bought a half-side of beef from a local farmer who is also a family friend. So I now have a freezer full of ground beef, roasts, and steaks. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to find some new ground beef recipes-I should have known that you would have a treasure trove of recipes!

If you ever have the opportunity, this is the most economical way to buy beef. Just make sure to have a freezer large enough to hold it all!