- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Boyfriend Fudge – from Mrs. Ann Brown
Posted By Christy Jordan On November 11, 2010 @ 7:34 pm In Chocolate,Guests | 26 Comments
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons Light corn syrup
- ½ cup sifted, unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup broken nuts
- Lightly grease 8” or 9” pan with margarine. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, cook the following ingredients: sugar, salt, milk, corn syrup, and cocoa – stirring frequently until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and stir occasionally until mixture reaches soft ball stage. Remove from heat, add 3 Tablespoons Margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla – DO NOT STIR. Cool to lukewarm. Mixture may be cooled by setting pan in cold water. Beat fudge slowly until it holds its shape when dropped from spoon. Add 1 cup nuts. Quickly pour fudge into buttered pan.
- Refrigerate covered for 2 hours. Cut into 1” squares.
- Better if cooked on cool, sunny day.
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2010/11/boyfriend-fudge-from-mrs-ann-brown.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.