- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Super Easy King Cake (WOW GOOD!)
Posted By Christy Jordan On February 22, 2011 @ 7:45 pm In Breads,Cake,Dessert | 149 Comments
My husband and I LOVED this. I really hope you make this soon because it is just that good!
For the King Cake:
- 1 roll frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
For the Icing:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if needed but stir this amount first, you’ll be surprised how far this goes!)
- 1 tsp clear butter or vanilla flavoring
- On floured surface, roll out your dough to a rectangle of about 10 x 18 inches. It doesn’t have to be exact, close enough works!
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and extract and mix until creamy and well blended. Spread over dough to within an inch of each side. Roll up longways (to make a long log) and brush the final edge with water before pressing it into the log to seal.
- Take log and form into a circle, pressing the ends into each other and brushing with water if needed to seal together. Spray top lightly with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Set in warm place to rise for 45 minute to an hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Mix confectioner’s glaze and drizzle over top of cake with a spoon. Immediately sprinkle colored sprinkles over glaze if desired. Allow to sit until glaze hardens.
I’m so glad to have you as part of my Southern Plate Family and appreciate all of your kindness and support!
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2011/02/super-easy-king-cake-wow-good.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.