My Southern Living Quick Fix Supper Video: King Ranch Chicken

I hope you’ll enjoy this week’s Quick Fix Supper Video from Southern Living!

To get the recipe, be sure and click here to visit the Southern Living Quick Fix Suppers Page

“Greeting the morning with a positive attitude gives you the upper hand all day long!”

~Joyce Meyer

Submit your uplifting quote or view hundreds of others by clicking here.

Comments

1. Debi says

Love this! Thank you Christy for showing us another great and easy supper. A big Thank You to Southern Living for choosing the best Southern Chef to show us how to make Quick Fix Suppers! <3

Thank you so much Erika! The stylist for the shoot told me how to have them done and picked the color out. I loved it so much that is how I’ve been doing them ever since! The color is an OPI one, called “bubble bath”, just a very natural and neutral pink :)

2. Sharon Stone Gibson says

I loved the demonstration. I am a “show-me” visual learner. So, your easy teaching style helps me understand exactly what to do. Also, I did order your cookbook, but haven’t received it yet. Looking forward to the recipes. I wish you well and great success. Warm tropical regards from the beaches of Costa Rica. Sharon

3. Jo says

Christy, thank you for another great recipe. Most of all thanks for all your smiles and reminding me that there are still wonderful people like you out there who always put family and friends first.

4. KatieGirl says

You’re a natural! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I see you on your own cooking show some day. You have such a nice voice (love that Southern accent) and a relaxed way of teaching… not to mention you’re just cute as can be. ;-)

I’ve been making SL’s King Ranch Chicken for years; and when I went vegetarian last year, I had to find a way to make the recipe work. Instead of chicken, I use two cans of drained and rinsed black beans and cream of celery instead of cream of chicken. It’s really good if you’re in a chicken rut or they’re out of rotisserie chickens at the store.

Keep up the great work, Christy! I know you’re going to go far!

5. Sheila Dewey says

I enjoy the videos Christy. Your doing a great job, so natural. I’ve made King Ranch Chicken many times for my family and for church dinners. Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe. Keep up the good work.

6. Annarose says

My King Ranch Casserole is a bit more stream lined but it’s based on your recipe and we just love it :) Great seeing you in one of your new videos! Will you make chicken and dumplings too?

7. Rebecca says

I had some leftover rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator and was wondering what to do with it. Do I bake another chicken pot pie, or what? Then I came across this recipe and thought it sounded good and used most of the staples I have on hand, or so I thought I had them on hand. I found out that I didn’t have any cream of chicken and thought no problem, I’ll just leave it out. Then I go to get the tortillas out and find out the two little people in my house must have make a whole lot of peanut butter and honey roll-ups with them. So I improvised and put tater tots on the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the chicken mixture on top. The family loved it! Maybe someday I’ll try the real recipe but at least I was able to use some of it. :) Thanks for sharing your dishes with us.

8. Bob M. says

Christy,
    Let me start off by saying I LOVE Souther Plate, All the recipes are so well
    laid out and simple, just about anything you need is already in your kitchen.
    I’ve been keeping up with you on the Southern Living thing, Hope you don’t
    slip away from the old Southern Plate program so many people keep up with
    and love. like myself. Paula Deen was my favorite cooking show ever until
    she got so big and drifted away from the area that got her that big to start
    with. Hope and pray that you don’t follow her footsteps.

The Southern Living portion that you do, gets a little complicated insofar at
    finding the recipes to print off, They are not so simple to find as yours on
    Southern Plate. Stay with Mama and Grandma’s recipes. I’m sure they have
    plenty to keep you going for some time.

From and old die hard Southern Plate Fan. Thanks for hearing me out.

9. Alicia says

We love this casserole, but have just discovered my son has a corn allergy. Does anyone have any experience making this with flour tortillas? Hate to have to give this up…

10. Jenny says

Christy, my son took one look at this recipe and said, “Mama, we have to make this SOON”! :-D

I also saw you on QVC last weekend, great job! I wasn’t at all surprised that your book sold out.

Blessings from our little MN farm,

Jenny

11. Joy says

You are just like my next door neighbor! I love you! I love to hear your accent. It seems we rarely ever hear our good ole’ southern accent in videos anymore. Great to see you doing so well. Love your blog. See ya later, honey!!

12. Glo says

My daughter is expecting her first child in December. She and her husband are both teachers so in anticipation of school starting in just a few weeks my husband and I bought them a freezer. I am having so much fun going through your cookbook and website making casseroles and other freezer friendly foods to fill the freezer with. I know she is going to be really tired after a long day’s work and with your great recipes and little work on my part WE can make her last trimester and early postpartum days a little easier. Thank you so much Christy, my daughter introduced you to me last year and now you are part of our family down here in Shelby County AL.
    “Mimi” Glo