I had a great time at QVC this past weekend and want to thank everyone who tuned in to watch! I have never seen a more organized television station in all of my life, those folks have it down to an exact science! Everyone is so nice, too, you could not ask for a friendlier group of people. I gave David multiple hugs for you all, just as I promised I would!
I sure am grateful to them for having me though and if you have time and don’t mind, I’d dearly appreciate it if you went to David’s facebook page and thanked him on behalf of the Southern Plate family! You can get to his page by clicking here and make sure you’re part of our Southern Plate Family on Facebook, too! (If you missed my QVC appearance, you can watch the video by clicking here – but be sure and come back to eat some Strawberry Pecan bread with us!)
You’ll need: Vegetable oil, self rising flour*, Fresh Strawberries, chopped pecans (or walnuts, can omit if you like), cinnamon, eggs, and sugar.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar, plus two tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (* Some readers felt a tablespoon is too much, if you prefer less, use a teaspoon.)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and pour two tablespoons of sugar over them. Stir and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, place flour, remaining sugar, oil, eggs, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Add pecans and strawberries and mix again until well combined and a pretty shade of pink.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan ten minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely.
- For an extra special treat, butter and toast a slice before serving.
If you can talk you can sing.
If you can walk you can dance.
Submitted by Megan Hache. Submit your quote or read others by clicking here.