Bark George! Story time video

I dearly love today’s story. Katy Rose brought it home from the school library one day this past year and asked me to read it to her.  We both quickly found ourselves laughing throughout the whole book, especially the ending! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Thank you for all of your GREAT comments on my storytime videos! I love getting to hear back from you and you’ve encouraged me so much that I’ve got a whole slew of books just waiting to read to you :)

Have a great day! Gratefully,

Get your copy of Bark, George by clicking here.

Listen to more of my favorite stories below!

How Many Veggies?

Featuring a surprise phone call from Larry The Cucumber!

Pirate Pete’s Talk Like A Pirate

Kiss Good Night

Green Eggs And Ham

One Fish, Two Fish

WHAT! Cried Granny

Wocket In My Pocket

Pete The Cat Rocking In My School Shoes

Comments

1. Becky says

I just grinned and participated as if I were a child! (Guess I really am one at heart, huh?) I loved this, and I plan on buying this book for my 3 yr. old and 1 yr. old grandchildren! Thanks so much, Christy, for being so NORMAL—well, you are kinda crazy, but in a good way! You are just like us regular people! I am so glad I discovered you and Southern Plate. They just don’t make ‘em like us anywhere but in the South! Go girl!

LOL! Hey, thank you for letting my kind of crazy be considered normal! I’m so glad I have all of you!!!
      (I know exactly what you mean, by the way!)

Isn’t that a fun book? I can’t wait until it is sunny and pretty again so I can record the next one!
      It’s good to be easily thrilled!

well i had no idea if my 11 month old would pay attention long enough to watch this or not but let me just tell you – she LOVED it! she laughed out loud at the funny parts and sat mesmorized the entire time. i think she thought you were really talking to her since we skype with her grandparents down south and she’s used to watching people on the computer. she just loved that story and so did i. it’s been a rough morning and we needed that little laugh and break! thank you so much for sharing!

3. Kathy says

My sons laughed and giggled through your story. We are on our way to the library to get this book. Bed time will be filled with animal sounds at our home tonight. Thank you for sharing a wonderful book!

4. Jenny says

Another great story…we love this book. My son wanted me to tell you “Thank you Ms. Christy” and “Where’s ‘that girl’ and her cat?” :) He’ll be getting “Pete the Cat” and “Yes Day!” for his birthday this weekend….thanks for the suggestions!! :)

Hello Sweet Christy,

Thank you for another great story! Corbett and I were both enthralled with every twist and turn of the plot! We laughed and laughed. Corbett said that you’re a “great reader!” I agree! Tell the rest of your family we all send our best wishes!

6. Debi says

You just know my Boys were Loving this! They always Love your story time and always want me to play your videos over and over. They are wanting to play it again now. :D

When they see you…They talk to you. They think you are on skype talking and reading to them. <3

7. Lisa Trueper says

Christy, you are so AWESOME!!! I’m 47 years old and watched you read the story “Bark George” and it just made me smile!!! What an awesome story! Love you, love Southern Plate and all it’s amazing recipes and love STORY TIME. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!

8. Martha says

Even all of my grandchildren are grown, but I love for you to read to me. You would get a big giggle seeing me respond with all the animal voices! Thanks so much for all the loving things you do.

9. Robin P. says

Christy, I loved Bark George! I noticed you said you had trouble with your “R’s” and it reminded me of a book that I read to my special needs students. It is called: “Hooway for Wodney Wat” by Helen Lester. It’s about a rat named Rodney who can’t pronounce the letter “R”. You will love the ending, but I am not going to spoil it for you! I will post this on the forum also, just in case you don’t see this comment. I would love if you did a video on this story. Let me know how you like it! Here is a link below:

10. Kathy says

I really love an old book from my childhood called “What happened to George?” It is about a pig whose mother made doughnuts for and he ate too many of them. The book is listed on amazon at $35, yikes. I took this one to preschool for all my 4 now grown kids and read it to their classes and brought homemade doughnuts for the snack.

11. heidi says

I am sitting here with my daughter, 7 years old, listening to your story time. We really liked Bark George. She is a homeschooler and on Fridays we like to do something fun but educational so we are having you read to us. Thank you Christy. We love you.

12. Sara Robertson says

We LOVE your books! My 3 1/2 year old grand daughter and I watch them often. Our favorite is Pete the Cat, followed by Kiss Good Night Sam and now Bark George. Keep them coming. These are lifesavers on a rainy day!