- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread – From Miss Betty Barnes
Posted By Christy Jordan On June 1, 2011 @ 8:28 am In Breads,Guests | 37 Comments
- 1 box Lemon Cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 pkg. Lemon instant pudding mix (4-serving size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- Grease 2 loaf pans and instead of flouring, use sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Note: I like to add 1 teaspoon lemon oil for an extra lemon “kick”.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° F.
- Test with toothpick for doneness.
Recipe from Betty Barnes, given by her loving daughter, Pat.
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2011/06/lemon-poppy-seed-bread-from-betty-barnes.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.