- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Fruitcake Bar Cookies
Posted By Christy Jordan On December 8, 2011 @ 1:41 pm In Cookies,Holiday Favorites! | 65 Comments
- 1 Cup Brown sugar, packed (I use dark, or whatever I have on hand)
- 2 Cups Baking Mix (I prefer House-Autry or Pioneer, but Bisquick will work in a pinch)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Stick margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 + 1/2 Cups diced fruit cake mix (or diced candied fruit of your choice)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds (the almonds add a GREAT texture)
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine first six ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well blended. Stir in fruit and nuts.
- Pat into well greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then cover. Allow cookies to rest overnight before cutting into bars.
- Makes 16-25 cookies, depending on how small you cut them.
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2011/12/fruitcake-bar-cookies.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.