My Christmas Menu 2011 – and A Post For YOUR Christmas Wishes!
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and I hope you all have an abundance of Christmas in your heart! I wanted to send you our Christmas card and share with you what I’ll be serving on Christmas day when my parents, my in laws, and some dear friends come to have lunch with us.
I’m smoking a pork loin as the entree – so that part is taken care of. The rest of my menu is a broad mix made up of everyone’s special requests! I’m also listing some additional ideas at the bottom in case you are looking for that one extra dish to add.
Please have a wonderful Christmas and remember, it’s not about what is under the tree, but the people around it
Joy To The World!
My Christmas Day Menu for 2011
Smoked Pork Loin – I’m making this in my electric Masterbuilt Smoker
Grandma Lucy’s Chocolate Pie (Recipe is in my cookbook)
Green Velvet Cake (Recipe is in my cookbook)
Roasted Asparagus – Place fresh asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake at 400 for twenty minutes.
Here are some more ideas!
- Buttermilk Congealed Salad - also listed above (Cookbook p. 66)
- Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
- Fried Apples (Cookbook p.106)
- Cornbread Dressing (easy and moist) (Cookbook variation p.128) - also listed above
- Lucy’s Sweet Potato Casserole (Cookbook p. 117) – also listed above
- Green Bean and Shoepeg Corn Casserole (Cookbook only p. 226)
- Jordan Rolls (Cookbook p.16) – also listed above
- Preston Rolls (Cookbook only p.230)
- Cranberry Relish
- Candied Baby Carrots
- Fried Cabbage
- Grandmama’s Tex Mex Dip (Cookbook only p.173) – no idea why we have this at Thanksgiving but we’d all boycott the holiday without it!
- English Pea Pimento Casserole
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad (Cookbook only p.42)
- Fried Okra (Cookbook p.224)
- Butter Stewed Potatoes
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans (Cookbook p.40) – also listed above
- Kid Friendly Relish Tray
- Corn Casserole (Cookbook p.23)
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese (Cookbook p.200) – also listed above
- Deviled Eggs (Cookbook p.24)
- MeMe’s Mashed Potatoes (Cookbook p.35)
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole (Cookbook p.33) – also listed above
- Sour Cream Hash Brown Casserole (Cookbook only p. 32)
- Watergate Salad (Cookbook only p.218)
- Pecan Pie Muffins (Cookbook p.169)
- Streusal Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Cookbook p. 129)
- Frozen Cranberry Banana Salads (Cookbook p.188)
- Faux Pecan Pie
- Lucy’s Chocolate Pie (Cookbook only p. 146) – also listed above
- Aunt Sue’s Fried Chocolate Pies (Cookbook only p.146)
- German Chocolate Pie (Cookbook only p.246)
- Perfect Pecan Pie (Cookbook p.120)
- Honey Punkin Cream Cheese Pie
- Coconut Meringue Pie
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
- Ashley Mac’s Caramel Pie
- Buttermilk Pie
- Sawdust Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie (Cookbook p.192)
- Good N Easy Apple Cake with Homemade Whipped Cream (Cookbook p.107)
- Chocolate Velvet Cake (Cookbook p.142)
- Green Velvet Cake (Cookbook only p.170) – also listed above
- Aunt Sue’s Pound Cake (Cookbook only p.8)
- Mama’s Custard Sauce – to go over pound cake (Cookbook only p.10)
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Daddy’s Coconut Cake (Cookbook p.154)
- Apple Dapple Cake (Cookbook p.118)
- Mandarin Orange Cake (Cookbook p.14)
- Butterfinger Cake (Cookbook p.22)
- Fruit Cocktail Cake (Cookbook p.39)
- Yellow Cake with Peanut Butter Icing (Cookbook p.258)
- Chocolate Pound Cake with Fudge Glaze (Cookbook p.100)
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake (Cookbook p.130)
- Granny’s Sheath Cake (Cookbook only p.31)
- Holiday Fruit Salad (Cookbook p.164)
- Homemade Caramel Corn (Cookbook p.91)
There has been only one Christmas – the rest are anniversaries.
Wishing you all the best blessings of Christmas!