- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Overnight Stuffed French Toast – and Why I’m A Morning Person
Posted By Christy Jordan On February 7, 2012 @ 9:57 am In Breads,Breakfast | 83 Comments
Overnight Stuffed French Toast
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberry Preserves (plus more for syrup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place softened cream cheese and 3 tablespoons preserves in mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Cut french bread into six 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch slices. Reserve end pieces for another use. Cut a pocket into the side of each slice, being careful not to go all the way to the bottom.
- Stuff each pocket with cream cheese mixture.
- Spray 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray. Arrange slices flat in dish.
- In bowl beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Pour over tops of bread in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Syrup
To make Syrup
- Place 1 cup strawberry preserves in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between each, until melted and pourable consistency. Serve warm over warm stuffed french toast.
MAKE THIS SUGAR FREE - by using sugar free preserves!
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2012/02/overnight-stuffed-french-toast.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.