Bacon Grease Uses (and Photo Gallery of your Bacon Grease Jars!)

If you’re on Pinterest or Facebook, I’d love it if you could use one of the buttons above -Thanks! :)

Oh the wonders of Bacon Grease!!!

Southerners are known for our love of bacon grease and the zeal with which we save this “Liquid gold” but I’ve found that a lot of folks are saving bacon grease without really knowing what to do with it so I decided to write this post in hopes of giving you some ideas and letting you know how it was used in days gone by – and can still be used today.

I’d love for you to chime in on the comments thread if you have other uses not listed here and I’ll come back and add them in with credit to you of course!

Interesting facts about Bacon Grease

*Bacon grease is one of the most flavorful oils.
*Bacon grease is used as an all purpose flavoring as well as a base for many recipes.
*One teaspoon has 38 calories.
*It’s Green! By reusing Bacon Grease, you save money, avoid waste by not using store bought oil when you don’t need it, and have more flavorful results than by using other cooking oils.
*I did a series of posts entitled “Oh My Bacon Grease!” when my husband threw an ENTIRE jar of bacon grease away. I posted recipes using bacon and replenished my stash by week’s end.

How To Use Bacon Grease

Substitution For Oils In Recipes And In Frying – Bacon Grease can be used in place of oils in recipes and in frying.

Greasing Muffin Tins or Cast Iron Skillets for breads - Before you put your cornbread or hoe cake batter in that skillet, grease it with a little solidified bacon grease. To make this mess free, fold a paper towel in fourths and cover your index and middle finger with it. Dip your covered fingers into the bacon grease and wipe the inside of your skillet. Toss paper towel away when done.

Make Milk Gravy - Milk gravy begins with a base of two tablespoons bacon grease. Heat them in a large skillet, add two or three tablespoons of flour and cook until flour is browned. Slowly add milk while stirring constantly and continue cooking until gravy is thickened over medium heat. For photos on making gravy, click here.

Cornbread - Many cornbread recipes call for a tablespoon or so of melted bacon grease added to the batter for extra flavor. This makes such a big difference that it’s worth it to save your baking grease for cornbread alone! Click here for my recipe.

Seasoning Dried Beans - Traditional beans are seasoned with a ham bone or bits of ham to add flavor. If you find yourself without any of these, just add two or three tablespoons of bacon grease to the cooking water and they’ll taste just as good. Click here for my recipe.

Fried Corn- Fried corn is often called Creamed Corn. No matter what you call it, adding a tablespoon of bacon grease makes it better than ever! Click here for my recipe.

Green Beans - Whether they’re from the can, garden, or freezer, green beans taste just like Grandma’s when you add a tablespoon of bacon grease! Click here for my recipe.

Any Other Vegetable You Can Think Of! -  Just about any type of vegetable can be made better with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of bacon grease added while cooking. Try it with cabbage, greens, I’ve even seen folks fry green tomatoes in it!

Wilted Greens - Fry up some bacon and set it aside. Pour a little bit of the hot grease over fresh dark greens and then top with crumbled bacon for a wilted lettuce salad like we had in the old days.

Frying Eggs – I really and truly will not make fried eggs without bacon grease. I place a tablespoon or so in my skillet and let it melt, then fry my eggs in it.

Delicious oven fries - Spread some bacon grease into the bottom of a jelly roll pan. Cut potatoes into long wedges with the skin still on them and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place on top of the bacon grease and put in a 400 degree oven until browned, about 45 minutes to an hour. Turn every fifteen minutes to get evenly browned and allow the bottoms to oven fry in that delicious grease.

These are just SOME of the countless uses for bacon grease and I’d love to hear more ideas fro you in the comments section at the bottom of this post!

How to store bacon grease:

Allow to cool slightly and then pour into a container. It is important to have one specific container for just bacon grease and make sure not to put any other type of grease in it. Many people strain theirs but my mother and I don’t. I enjoy all those little yummy bits of bacon and since I store mine in the fridge or freezer, they’re fine in there.

My grandmother always kept a metal soup can on the back of her stove with her grease in it.

Counter Top or Refrigerator?

Bacon grease is traditionally stored on the stovetop or next to the stove, but nowadays we don’t use it nearly as often as folks used to so it is best to store it in the refrigerator. If left on the counter indefinitely, bacon grease will go rancid. This used to not be a problem because it was used and replenished so often back in the old days. If bacon grease goes rancid, you WILL know it and you will Not want to use it. The refrigerator guards against this and your bacon grease will last for months and months and months!

Having said that - If you prefer to keep your bacon grease on the counter, more power to ya! Your kitchen = your rules.

Another bonus to storing bacon grease in the fridge: Room temp bacon grease remains a little on the liquid side. Refrigerated bacon grease solidifies and becomes the consistency of shortening, making it super easy to measure and scoop out whatever you need for recipes.

Did you know that you can freeze bacon grease?

Every now and then a jar will fill up and I just seal it and put it in the freezer. Then, I start another jar in the fridge. It never hurts to have extra :) Bacon Grease can last indefinitely in the freezer if sealed well.

Interesting Bacon Grease History

During WWII, Housewives were encouraged to save their bacon grease and turn it in to help with the war effort. Disney even got on board with a propaganda movie to help promote this. You’ll notice Minnie about to pour the bacon grease over the dog food – many people still swear by this. I wouldn’t reccommend a whole skiletful but a tablespoon or so is said to help give them a shiny coat. It is also neat to note that in the film the government suggested keeping bacon grease in the refrigerator to keep it from going rancid, as we discussed above. This wouldn’t have been a problem if it was being used every day, but since it was being stored up for a longer period of time, it was needed, much like we store it today.

Photo Gallery of YOUR Grease Jars!

I asked if anyone would like to send me photos of their grease jars from home and WOW, what an exciting response! I’ve spent about two hours going through them and uploading them to this post. More keep pouring in so I’ll try to add more as time allows later. Thank you so much! I have really enjoyed getting to see these and hope you will too!

Okay so I’m going to start with two of my photos and then I’ll move on to the ones y’all were so kind to send.

This is an example of a range set from the 1930′s – 1950′s. The center piece is the grease jar, but I use it for a salt crock because it is too rare for me to be pouring hot grease into it when I can just as easily use a mason jar. The salt and pepper shaker beside it are reproductions, and not very good reproductions at that, but I don’t have the originals and I wanted to show you what a typical range set looked like.

This is my current grease jar. I have more in the freezer :)

Now on to yours!! I loved getting to see all of these and know you will, too!

When it comes to storing up bacon grease, Becky Young doesn’t play around!

Alicia from gatewaytosaving.com keeps it simple in a half pint canning jar. Notice all those yummy bits!

Amanda Kornegay is another canning jar gal :) See that fresh layer on top?

Angie Blake uses an old jelly jar

See how we recycle? :)

Angie Gilchrist has an old spaghetti sauce jar plum full!

…and now we know that Beth Hamilton uses the same spaghetti sauce as Angie Gilchrist :) I love her list behind the mixer!

Kat Norman’s used to belong to her grandmother.

This is my Mama’s grease jar. it is designed for a soup can to fit inside to hold the grease.

Brenda Parker with her red lid topped Ball canning jar

Carolyn Berryhill has a vintage model with a convenient pouring spout!

Charlene Pinke keeps it simple with a coffee cup

As does Cynthia Brandon. Nothing like using what you have on hand and what works!

Jenny Hester uses an old pickle jar

Jenn Preble looks to be using a spaghetti sauce jar as well.

I’m with y’all, I just hate to throw those things away because they’re such good jars!

Heather Dedeaux has a handy dandy bowl to scoop out of

Ginger Grayson looks to be using an old Cheez Whiz jar (perhaps) but I love the short fat size of it and wide mouth opening for scooping!

Donna Gordon has one of the vintage grease cannisters

Dianne Ledet doubles up!

Debbie has another vintage grease pot with a spout and strainer

Jill S has a nice jar of refrigerated bacon grease with a lovely scoop missing that likely made a yummy breakfast!

Rowena Giddings and her well used jar.

Some good cookin’ going on in that kitchen…

Ross Jordan has a cute jar with a reminder from whence it came… ;)

Rose Daily has a beautiful little ceramic container.

Renee HS Calls hers the “Bacon Bliss Bowl”

I love this container Paula Papen!

Melissa Jensen keeps hers in gladware containers – and I LOVE how she has two of them! One filled up and she kept on going! lol

Lisa V shows us the inside of her fridge, with the bacon grease center stage!

I’ve often thought about photographing the inside of my fridge and showing y’all but I’m afraid it would cause nightmares for all of the neat and organized folks…

Laura Morris with another fridge shot. Hey! I have that same salad dressing! :)

Laura Bailey’s jar looks kinda like a candle :)

You can actually use bacon grease to make candles ….or you can fry your veggies in it. I’d choose my stomach any day. You can buy candles :)

Kathy Malphrus posed her big old jar of grease right next to some actual bacon! Now that is a sight for sore eyes!

Sandy Rooks has a pretty stainless grease pot

How could you not love Tom Miller’s “Bacon Butter” pitcher?

Tinnah N Has another well used recycled jar. Way to go, Tinnah!

Teresa Leonard has several jars proudly posing behind some fresh bacon :)

I buy those big old packages, too!

I believe Tammy Bish said this jar was from her mother :)

Stephanie Carlton has some good looking solid grease in there!

I have MANY more pictures to post but have to get some other work done first so check back later for more of your pics!

Be sure and tell me how you use bacon grease in the comments section below!

“If it can’t be fried in bacon grease, it ain’t worth cooking, let alone eating.”

~ Southern proverb

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

1. DE says

My grandmother tought me that bacon grease is a great way to clean your hands..if you have been painting with oil based paints..don’t use turpintine..bacon grease will take the paint right off your skin..without irritation! When my husband works under the car’s hood, and gets all greasy..he uses bacon grease, and “washes “his hands with it..before using liquid soap like Dawn to clean his hands..bacon grease does an amazing job!
    (I have my mother-in-laws metal grease container, with a strainer, and a lid)

2. Cherie says

Thank you for posting! My mom and grandma always had bacon grease in the fridge and for years I did also. I don’t remember why I stopped using it but probably when I switched to EVOO but after seeing this I’m gonna get out my big old coffee mug and use it to store my bacon grease. I had forgotten how many things Gram and Mom used it for until now. I love this site.

3. Sharon Hughes says

This was one of your greatest posts to me! I love the suggested uses though, being born and bred in South Mississippi, I knew most of them. I especially enjoyed the cartoon propaganda. To tell the truth, I think America would be better off if we still rallied around our troops as back then. I still love to watch the old wartime movies…and I feel I am more patriotic and proud of our veterans because of the movies. Thanks for letting all folks get a taste of how wonderful it is to be a true Southerner!
    Sharon

4. grandma lori says

I recently made a new potato salad that called for 1\4 cup of bacon grease in with the dressing along with bacon bits and olives boiled eggs and green onions on red potatoes.Needless to say it was delish………

5. Marion says

How coincidental that you had a post about bacon grease. Finally getting back to normal here in New Orleans after Isaac. We moved almost all of our refrigerated food to a refrigerator that was hooked up to a generator. My heart broke a little when I opened up the refrigerator that had been without power for 6 days, and realized that I forgot to move my bacon grease. Guess what we will be eating a lot of over the next few weeks? BTW, I have a can with a strainer on top that was made for bacon grease. After Katrina, while I was in Texas, my husband got back home to clean out the refrigerator, I told him to throw everything out…except that can, I would clean it up when I got home. ;)

6. PATIKAKES says

I remember my mom having the set (bacon grease can w/strainer and salt and pepper shakers) in the middle of the stove while I was growing up. She always fried eggplant in bacon grease….it was so good that even at age 5, I loved it….thanks for the memories of using bacon grease. Mine is stored in a stainless steel tin with a top. I don’t remember what it was actually for, but it works great…..

7. Deb says

Hi!
    I’m new to your site and this is the 1st post that caught my eye. Bacon fat is so good and my Grand-dad taught me to use this creamy gold for the simple things.
    My favorite is to use it to ‘butter’ the bread for grilled cheese sandwiches. It gives the bread a different type of crisp and a great flavor. I use it on hot-dog buns and give them a nice crispy fry too. You can also use it in place of butter when you make a BLT and get a little more great bacon-y goodness.
    I’ll be visiting more often if the future.
    Deb

8. Mary Welch says

I was raised in Georgia but Mom was from Germany. She had a ceramic blue and white jar that was kept in the fridge and its’ sole purpose was to hold bacon grease. It made a distinctive”chink” sound as a spoon scraped out the contents.

Eggs, fried potatoes and even mushrooms were fried in bacon grease. A little dollop of it flavored black eyes peas as they simmered. When I moved away to North Carolina I simply had a coffee cup that held that flavorful lstuff.

Due to my diabetic husband I rely more on canola oil these days and Mom left us April of this year but I still keep a little cup of bacon grease in the fridge to make some dishes like Mom would have. If I hold the spoon just right I get close to the sound Mom’s old jar made..

9. Josey Schaub says

I started buying bacon because of this post. We feed a family of 4 on a shoestring budget over here so I make a lot of sauces to work into casseroles, soups, & what have you. I go through a lot of margarine. Bacon wasn’t on the budget but now I’ve decided it is worth it, and now have my own spaghetti sauce jar of drippings. My husband noticed the difference in my white sauce made with bacon fat instead of margarine. Awesomeness!

10. Patricia Ricketts says

My mom had the aluminum canister with matching salt and pepper that always sat on the stove to catch all the bacon grease. Fried potatoes with cut up onions and salt and pepper were a favorite, fried chicken, fried cornbread was so good we gobbled it up as fast as she could fry it. My grandma fixed green beans with bacon grease, then cooked them almost till they were dry….so good.Nothing flavors up food like good old bacon drippings and my grandparents and relatives lived to ripe old ages.That’s what they ate all their lives.

11. mimzi says

I was having my cousin and his new Fiance over for brunch. This was the first time I had met her, though we had developed a friendship through Facebook. After the meal I found her in the kitchen looking in my refrigerator, I asked her if I could help her find something and she said “I was looking for your jar of bacon fat. And I found it. I knew we were going to be friends”. Something we both learned from our Grandmothers and Mothers.

12. Peggy says

I have seasoned cornbread and vegetables for years with bacon grease. Try wrapping bacon around a saltine cracker and hold it together with a toothpick. I use a broiling pan. Delicious!! Don’t forget that when times was BAD people saved their bacon and fat back drippings to use to make soap. Enjoyed this post………..

13. Tracy G says

I have been using bacon grease to flavor foods for years. My favorite uses are cooking up a mess of squash and onions, using it to ‘fry’ my cornbread, or seasoning cabbage. But it is great in green beans, greans, dry beans, oh, just everything!
    When I remarried I didn’t know my husband was ignorant of using bacon grease and found he poured used oil in my bacon grease one day. Unfortunately I found out by the aweful taste of my green beans! YUCK! Then we had a sit down talk about this awfulness! LOL
    He loves my cooking and now he knows the secret to lots of the flavorings of the south too :)
    Thanks for sharing othere uses :)

14. Teresa says

My hubby’s on a low sodium diet so we seldom have bacon (I have to hide it and portion it out so the hubby doesn’t go over his daily amount :) I always save a little of the grease for adding to other food. To reduce the salt content I cook the bacon in water; drain it, then fry it crispy. When the water cools, I skim of the grease so I can add a little to some dishes as needed. I do the same with ham and smoked turkey legs. We’re on a tight food budget so when I find bacon and ham on sale it really adds variety.

Hubby grew up eating boring Minnesotan hot dishes so my great- grandma’s Southern and German recipes are a big change.

15. Ann Moore says

I remember Mama telling me when she was a little girl her Mama (my Grandma who died when I was four months old, I’m now 70) used to rub bacon grease on her hands at night and wear gloves to sleep in and it was the best thing in the world for winter chapped hands! :)
    Also another use for bacon grease was told to me a long time ago…wash four russet baking potatoes well and dry with paper towel…rub potatoes well with bacon grease and pierce a few times with a fork and bake for about 45 mins to an hour @ 350 to 375 degrees in a cake pan…you would not want to place the potatoes on the oven rack, because the bacon grease will drip in the oven, so I always used the same pan and didn’t care if it was coated with grease. I usually baked at least four potatoes each time and you can use the other two for slicing
    and fry for breakfast. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that the potatoe skins are so
    crunchy and flavored so good with the bacon grease you will not want to throw them away! ENJOY! :)

16. becky says

Now that the holidays are soon on us, I am already insuring myself a plentiful stock of this nectar. I use bacon grease to grease the bird, instead of butter or oil, then liberally season. I do it inside & out. I also put a good bit in my stuffing as well as butter. After all I don’t do a 25lb turkey & stuffing every day. As a matter of fact ,my family won’t let anyone else do it. I can’t even enumerate the things i use bacon grease in. It’s just one of my many seasoning options. Probably one of my most used.

17. Melinda says

Just ran across your site (googled Cornbread Salad :-) and have bookmarked it for the future. I’m a transplanted Southerner, working overseas here in Central Asia, and sure am enjoying reading of Home Cooking! My family used more fatback grease, and sausage grease than bacon… ALL are goo-ood, each had their own jar/container on the cabinet next to the stove.. and Woe to the poor soul that forgot which was which and mixed them! each were for specific recipes! Sausage grease was for gravy! Fatback for green beans, bacon for wilted lettuce.

18. Donna says

I love making croutons with bacon grease. I cube some bread, dry them out in the oven, then melt some bacon grease in a skillet, toss the bread cubes in, and stir them around until they’re golden brown. They are simply delicious and are better than any croutons I’ve ever tasted. They give a simple salad a rich, gourmet layer of flavor.

19. Michelle says

Get ready, here it comes! I use half butter and half bacon grease when I make Chex Mix at Christmas! It is awesome and now we don’t want it any other way. I have my great-aunt’s vintage “grease keeper” with a strainer and I always have a coffee can or two in addition to that in the fridge. I use at least nine boxes of Chex cereal when I make the Chex Mix, so I need plenty of bacon grease. I also use it as seasoning for other foods and pork chop and onions are great fried in bacon grease. Praise the Lard!

20. Laurie says

Never saw this thread til now. Love it!!!!! I always wonder what in the world do I do with this grease til of cools off. Do y’all pour your in your containers as soon as you finish frying your bacon???? I’m on a mission to find me an awesome bacon grease jar. I always dreaded cookin bacon cuz I hated dealing with the grease. NOW after reading Christys story about it…..I’m a new fan of pig juice!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Poochie!!!!! P.s. I stumbled on this when looking for the banana bread recipe. Miss you!!!

21. SweetCarol says

My mother and grandmother always had a container on their stove for bacon grease. I saw jars but also a metal can with a strainer in it and a lid. Mom and grandma put bacon grease in many things. They didn’t use EEVOO then. My grandmother always had lard on hand as well and mother did for many years but then switched to Crisco for pie crusts and other things where she needed shortening. A little bacon grease might have helped my beans today. Grandmother always put sugar and grease in veggies, too, like corn on the cob and green beans. The food was always good there. Now I just put my corn on the cob into the microwave with the husks on and just wet them first. I like it better that way than boiling it. Not as soggy. I had the best chicken and dumplings in the south. Pie crusts were wonderful. Then there was the Apple stack cake which they called “fruit” cake. My grandpa canned on the wood burning stove. They also had an electric stove when they were older but he still canned on the wood burner. It heated the dining room in the winter. There was an oil burner in the living room/bedroom. The kids got that for them as their old one was a wood burner. They had registers in the floor but didn’t go to heat pipes but into the room below. And the Whooo wooo of the train makes me think of them as they always lived along the tracks and usually near a river. They lived near some mountains in Tennessee, or in the mountains actually, along a road.I do miss them.

22. Debbie says

My mom always kept a metal grease container with a strainer sitting right next to her stove. We used it for so many recipes. I now use it to make biscuits with and they taste so much better. Reading all these comments has brought back so many good memories of my grandmother and mother cooking with bacon grease. Love this site!

23. Jean Cooke says

I always have a canning jar of bacon grease in my fridge. I use it for everything. My favorite way to use it is when I make cornbread. i melt it in my cast iron skillet to bake the cornbread in. My friends here in the pacific northwest think I am crazy, but I just tell them that I am a Texas girl and bacon fat is my friend :)
    Jean

24. Darlene says

O.k., this may sound strange to many, however be that as it may, my grandmother used to use her bacon grease to make homemade laundry (lye) soap. It would form hard blocks. She would shave off what she needed into her old wringer washing machine. She had the softest and freshest smelling laundry. She would buy the lye at the hardware store and she said the recipe is on the lye container and she said use caution and wear goggles when making it, you don’t want to splash this stuff in your eyes. I’ve never made it, but would love to try it some day.

25. Raechel Anderson says

so what happens if you burn your bacon?? do you still save the grease?? My daughters grandmother flipped out on me 2 years ago for throwing away her bacon grease! then she lovingly told me what to do with it and what would do if i did that again! I thought i was being helpful by doing some dishes for her…Now i have my own little gravy pourer that i use..i guess i should get a jar though! Im so excited

26. Miss Judy says

You have brought back so-o many good memories this early morning. My granddaughter & I had a problem with making the bottom of a peanut butter pie and I was searching how to make a “good” one for today. Then Southern Plate pops up, how wonderful. I have been sitting here reading everything, going back to my childhood memories. Thank all of you for letting me read your thoughts & words about your cooking..

Christy, I know bacon grease is popular to use for flavoring, especially in the South. My hubbies grandma had a jar of it handy to use. I don’t use it for flavoring because my grandmother showed me how it hardens overnight in a skillet and does the same in us. Someone just sent me a link…and it was a real
    eye-opener….doesn’t do alot to encoruage me to eat all the goodies I enjoy, but maybe Clementine’s and sweet potatoes are looking better to me. Merry Christmas, Diane

28. Bonnie says

Two very different uses: (1) When I make turkey salad, I make my own mayonnaise and substitute liquid bacon grease for about 1/4 of the oil called for in the mayo recipe. (2) My dog get s a dry, crusty nose (it’s allergy-related), and I rub her nose with bacon grease when this happens. She loves it, and in a few days, the crustiness on her nose is easy to rub off.

Plus, there are all the usual suspects – fried eggs, fried anything, greasing the savory muffin tins, I’ve even used it instead of butter on corn-on-the-cob, and I can testify that it’s incredibly good. I’m Pennsylvania Dutch, pretty far from a Southern Lady, but we Pa. Dutch value our bacon grease, too.

29. Tiffany says

I stumbled across this site yesterday while looking for some homemade bread recipes. I started looking at the bacon jars and remembered the my mother always had a jar of bacon grease on the stove. I have tried this for myself over the years but my cooking style changed so much that I never used it and it would go bad. I am now trying to get back to my southern roots of cooking, one because believe it or not it is good for you with all the veggies that we eat and two because it is less expensive than pre – made food. I will have to find a coffee cup or hit the thrift store to find a vintage bacon container in the next few days. Thank you so much everyone for sharing your stories!! I miss my Mom. :(

30. Mary Nebraska says

I have mine in an old pyrex coffee cup from the 50′s or 60′s (grandmas) father was a chef years ago there is nothing better then a good steak fried in a little bacon grease. my parents were from the depression.

31. Tanya from NC says

I keep my bacon grease in one of those aluminum containers with at strainer and lid…it says “Grease” on it. I have to confess that I did not know what EVOO meant…I had to Google it! LOL
    Love your site, just bought your cookbook last week and have been toting it around in my bag since then looking at it whenever I get still.

32. Diane says

Love this site, we sure can learn a lot from each other! I am a Native American Elder, and my story of bacon grease of when I was a child is that we used it on our fried bread, we were very poor and couldn’t afford much, we lived off the land, deer, rabbits, fish, etc. my mother could make the best fry bread, for an extra treat if there was enough sugar rationed we put that on top of the grease. Later years, as I grew up moved away, met my husband , moved to a neighborhood, with wonderful people, and our neighbor across the street taught me to make peanut butter cookies and to use a tbsp. or so of bacon grease in the dough, it makes the cookies oh, so flaky. Good memories…

BACON! Just stumbled across this post and so happy I did! I was about to throw away some bacon grease today and thought “maybe I should google this stuff just in case…”

Going to fry some brussel sprouts tomorrow! Thanks for the tips :)

When I was a child we went to a picnic where they had a slab of .. i suppose it was fat back.. that they had on a long fork that was held over a camp fire. When the fat started dripping fast it was held over some freshly cut bread. I think that the bread that was generously covered in hot fat it was topped with vegetables..onions, tomatoes…This had to be 60 or so years ago and memory isn’t crystal clear about the vegetables but I do remember it was delicious! We use bacon fat for seasoning vegetables, frying and our favorite wilted lettuce salad. Thanks for the memories!!

35. Betty says

Just wanted to say Hi, I came across your site by accident, copied the Chessy baked Vidalia Dip….can’t wait to try it. Started looking around, had a great time reading the other posts about bacon grease, there are some I will have to try. Thanks I will be back :)