Christmas Card & Menu 2012 (over 70 Recipe Links)

Please leave your Christmas Wishes for the Southern Plate family in the comments section on this post! Thank you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and I hope you all have an abundance of Christmas in your heart! I wanted to send you our Christmas card and share with you what I’ll be serving on Christmas day when my parents, my in laws, and some dear friends come to have lunch with us. This year, we’re also sending lunch to a family we’re friends with who just welcomed a new baby into their family yesterday!

I’m smoking a turkey and baking a ham for the entrees. The rest of my menu is a broad mix made up of everyone’s special requests! I’m also listing some additional ideas at the bottom in case you are looking for that one extra dish to add.

Please have a wonderful Christmas and remember, it’s not about what is under the tree, but the people around it :)

My Christmas Day Menu for 2012

My Desserts for 2012:

Here are some more ideas for ya, with links to the recipes if they’re on SouthernPlate.com!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main Meal Ideas

If you’re looking for a copy of my cookbook, click here to get it at over 50% off on Amazon.com

Cornbread Dressing, Jordan Rolls, Grandmama’s Sweet Potato Casserole, Frozen Cranberry Banana Salads

Pies

Faux Pecan Pie

Cakes

Looking for Christmas Cookie recipes? Click here

Looking for Christmas Candy and Gift Mix Recipes? Click here

Call into the Southern Plate Story Line for a special Christmas Story!

Details below

Last night I debuted the SouthernPlate Storyline with a recording of me reading “The Night Before Christmas”!

Kids of all ages can call 256-270-0270 and hear a new story read to them each week by myself or my mother.

Regular calling rates will apply but no special charges. It will just be like calling up a friend in Alabama – which is what you’re really doing :)

The line can take four calls at once and is programmed to pick up on the first ring if a line is available, so if it rings and rings and rings, just give it just a few minutes and please try again. Mama and I are so excited about this!
**Please share if you know someone who might enjoy this. Thank you for letting me have so much fun!!**

Wishing you all the best blessings of Christmas!

I’d love to hear back from you in the comments below.

Feel free to share Christmas wishes with the whole Southern Plate Family!

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

1. Faye Hillard says

Merry Christmas Christy to you and your family. I know you will have a wonderful Christmas with those two beautiful children. God bless all of you. I thank you for all the wonderful recipes.

2. Pam Martin says

Merry Christmas to you and your family! You have truly blessed me this year with your letters and recipes. I actually feel like I’m part of your family and I just love that! I gave one of your cookbooks to my Aunt in Monroe, NC for Christmas and she called me yesterday and had been sitting and reading through it for 2 hours. She said it was the best cookbook she had ever had! I truly hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe Christmas and a very Happy New Year and I look forward to being “part” or your family again next year! May the Lord watch over you and keep you safe always! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3. Jets says

Christy,

I wish you and all the Southern Plate family a blessed Christmas and New Year.
    Thank you for your Christian witness and your family values. Not only do you help feed my stomach but you feed my soul.

4. Linda Kay Bingham Cornett says

Dear Christy and family, I do want to wish you all the very best Christmas ever. May you enjoy good health and many continued blessings all through the coming year. You have been a blessing to us.

5. Linda Futch says

Christy, Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family from a southern gal. My mom and i both purchased your cookbook and we love the Sweet & Sour Green Bean casserole. We now have it at every get together. Also enjoying a lot of the other recipes you bring us. Happy and blessed new year.

Your friend from Louisiana
    Linda

6. Phyllis Freeman says

I gave your cookbook to several family members last year…I actually have two of them myself! Love the recipes and know it was written with a great love of family and precious memories. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

7. Tommie says

Christy and Family…Hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas!
    I pray God’s Richest Blessings for you all. You have certainly made our table sing for Joy and Happiness when we sit down together and give Thanks for Our Savior…Jesus Christ!!!

8. Betty says

Christy and Family, here’s wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. A morning doesn’t go by that I don’t visit your site. It has become as much a part of my day as a cup of java. Thanks for all that you do for us, enriching our lives with your recipes, sharing your family stories, both past and present, and posting your little “sayings” that I always look forward to at the end of each recipe. Thank you, and may the Lord be with you.

9. Barbara Smith says

Christy, you are living proof that staying true to your roots and your love of home and family will bring you riches beyond your dreams. May God bless you and your family during this Holy Christmas season; and keep you safe. I know you join me in wishing Gods blessing on all the men and women in the military here and all around the world too. Take care. Your Tennessee friend, Barbara

10. Linda Stone says

Christy, your card is beautiful! Your family is precious! Thank you for your card and for all you do throughout the year…not just with recipes, but with though-provoking comments. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that 2013 is very good to you and your family!

11. Larry Krieger says

Merry Christmas! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to my niece, Tara, and her family. I love the picture of you holding baby Andrew. He is a much welcomed addition to our family. Tara’s mom thinks you are just the greatest and I am sure she will treasure the photos of you and her together. I am so grateful for my family and am so pleased that you also stress the importance of family. May the New Year bring you joy and happiness always. “Tooky Too’s” Uncle Larry

12. Gwen says

Dear Christy,
    You offer encouragement, hope and love throughout the year…may it return to you abundantly. Thank you for sharing your recipes, your beautiful family and your values with us all. Merry Christmas and a happy, HEALTHY 2013 to you and yours!

13. claudean stroud says

I look every day to see what you have put on this. I have really enjoyed your recipes. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. May God Bless your family with a great year ahead.