1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

If you’re on Pinterest of Facebook I’d really love it if you could use one of the buttons above. Thanks so much! Follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.

It’s National Peanut Butter Day! My family is made up of a bunch of peanut butter fanatics so when I realized what day it was I dropped what I was doing and rushed into the kitchen to mix up a batch of this delicious syrup so to show you how easy it is to make and some of the many uses for it.

This very versatile recipe has a simple formula: 1 part peanut butter to 2 parts syrup. The syrup I’m using in this post is Honey but you can also use maple syrup, karo syrup or even pancake syrup in it’s place.

Ready? Lets get started! Don’t blink because you’ll miss it if you do :)

Place peanut butter and honey (or whatever syrup you’re using) in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Heat for 30 seconds in your microwave, stir. Heat thirty seconds more and stir until smooth and creamy.

You’re done!

This is excellent over ice cream…

But it’s also amazing over pancakes.

Be sure and try it on biscuits, waffles, french toast, regular toast, and if all else fails, just eat it with a spoon!

Leftovers can be stored in the fridge.

This is a peanut butter lover’s heaven!

Surprise your family tonight with this delicious treat!

1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

• 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, corn syrup (karo), or pancake syrup
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1. In microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine syrup and peanut butter.
  2. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave thirty seconds more. Stir until creamy and well combined.
  3. Excellent over biscuits, pancakes, french toast, waffles, toast, and ice cream. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.

For more peanut butter recipes, including allergy options,

be sure and click here to visit my Treasure of Peanut Butter Recipes Post!

Give me a NEW day with sunshine OR rain and you’ve still given me a NEW day,

another opportunity in which to rejoice and be thankful.

Submitted by Kim. Click here to add your quotes to our collection!

Comments

1. Mollye Self says

Thank you for this simple but oh so delectable sweetness to jump start your day. Peanut Butter is hubby’s fave so bet he won’t say “honey you know I don’t eat breakfast” when I put this plate in front of him this weekend!

2. Sandra Bryars says

My Mamma used to make peanut butter & Karo syrup sandwiches a lot of the time instead of peanut butter & jelly. She just didn’t make it quite as thin as the syrup. My grandson will love this on pancakes/ waffles because he loves peanut butter!

3. Delancey says

Love it….I do a version of this that isn’t warmed up and have served it with apple slices to my kiddos for years. Never thought about heating it, but we are for sure having pancakes with “PB syrup” for dinner tonight!! :)

4. Phyllis K says

My mom likes this as peanut butter ice creaming topping. Thanks. Also, add enough Rice Krispies to spread thin in a pan. Chill. Cut into squares and put a thin layer of ice cream between two squares. Yum…

5. Bonnie N says

I will try this today!! Hadn’t thought to use honey with the PB.

I’ve been making a similar concoction since I was a kid, tho without the microwave. I mix butter, peanut butter and light corn syrup and stir it all up and eat it on toast, pancakes, etc.

6. holly says

My mom made this many years ago but she added some cocoa and it was chocolate and peanut butter flavor and we put it over ice cream. I tried to recreate it not long ago and it was a mess. thank you for the ratio. I will try again. ps I made Jordan rolls last night. they were great.thanks Christy!

7. Arlene Smith says

I was trying to think of something this morning to put over a chocolate cake before I topped it with some whipped cream, cream cheese frosting. I knew as soon as I saw the email, this was it!!! I put the syrup and peanut butter in a pan on the stove over low heat and added some chocolate chips, then stirred like crazy til the chocolate was all melted, then poured it over the cake and poked some holes in the top. :) Oh, boy!!! Thank you, Christy!!!

8. Rhonda says

When we were growing up, my mom would put a tbsp or two of peanut butter in the middle of a dinner plate and drizzle some syrup over it. We “smush” it together with our fork. Then, we’d break toast into pieces and put it around the plate in a circle. We’d spear a piece of toast with our fork and dip it in the syrup. Yum!! Occasionally, we’d use biscuits, but the usual quick morning recipe used toast. I think I’ll have that for supper tonight!!

9. Trish Cohen says

My dad used to be “in charge” of us on Sunday mornings before we went to church, and it was a steady rotation of pancakes shaped like famous golf courses of the world, and biscuits with THIS peanut butter “sauce” (as he called it) on them! Yummy syrup makes for yummy memories!!! Thanks, Christy!!

10. Pat Payne says

Had this as a kid with king syrup but like the others we would just mix it together on our plate. Taught my granddaughter how to do it on pancakes! Now we have one pancake with an over easy egg on top and then one with the peanut butter and syrup. I’ve had to cut back on peanut butter though because it is one of my migraine triggers if I eat more that an teaspoon or so. And I thought just us country folk here in Virginia ate this!

11. sabrina bates says

oh girl – People act like I’m crazy when i talk about peanut butter ‘n syrup. We always had white Crafts (not Kraft) syrup from the old country store at Mt Rozell (which is near Lester, which is near Salem, which is NW of Athens for all you unfamiliar folks). Just a fork full of peanut butter, pour syrup over it, mix it up on your plate and put a biscuit in it. Oh man, one of the best things my daddy taught me! Makes my mouth water just thinking of it. I still get up from the breakfast table now & then to pull some out of the pantry. Of course, now its Karo syrup. BTW, Mt Rozell isnt too far from Cairo, AL!

12. E Mitchell says

Kristy, My mother would make some of the best peanut butter candy. As i remember she used water,sugar this would boil until thick, then added peanut butter. But cant remember the amount of each ing. If anyone has ever made this sure would like to know. How could i forget something so simple, yet so yummmmmmy!

COULD YOU DO YOUR READERS A FAVOR AND PUT YOU JOIN SIGNS LIKE FACEBOOK, TWITTER ETC IN A LINE ACROSS THE BOTTOM INSTEAD UP AND DOWN? EVERYTIME I WANT TO COPY A RECIPE I WASTE A PAGE OF PAPER PLUS COLOR AND B&W INK TO PRINT THAT LIST ON EVERY RECIPE AND I COPY A LOT OF YOUR RECIPES!!!! THANKS SO MUCH

Hey Julie, I would if I could. I’m terribly sorry for the frustration but it will require hiring a web designer and spending enough to pay off my car in order to make that happen. I prefer to keep Southern Plate free to the readers and so far have been able to pay the light bill based on stock ads I run on the site (SouthernPlate.com costs over twice our mortgage payment each month). I really appreciate your understanding and will certainly make as many improvements in the future as my budget will possibly allow.

• Delancey says

Another option would be to select print options and only print the pages that you need. For example, if the bar is page 3, then you only need to print pages 1-2.
      PS – All caps in a message is “yelling”, I doubt that you are that upset right! :)

14. Jenn Searfoss says

Hey Christy! This sounds fabulous and we will be making some to put over ice cream tonight for dessert! When I told my husband about the recipe as we were eating lunch he said that he would use 2 parts Hershey’s syrup to 1 part Peanut Butter. Have you ever tried that? Would heating it ruin the chocolate/burn the syrup?

15. Linda Watters says

I just wanted to let you know that I made a small amount of this recipe to see how it would work with Sugar Free IHOP pancake syrup. I used 2 tablespoons sugar free syrup and 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter. Oh my word, delicious. This stuff could be dangerous for us diabetics. I like peanut butter and butter on toast or an English muffin with a cup tea for breakfast. I am trying my peanut butter syrup on my English muffin in the morning, if I can wait that long.

My Dad always loved something sweet after our meals. If my Mother didn’t have anything, he mixed peanut butter and syrup together and ate it. Yummy.

I want to make this peanut butter syrup for my granddaughters for pancakes when they come next time. MMMMM. Thanks for sharing, Christy.

Linda

16. Melba M. Metts says

As kids, we used to “sop” peanut butter and syrup with biscuits for dessert. Sometimes we would have syrup and cream or syrup and butter. Just pour some syrup in a plate and add a dollop of either, stir to combine and “sop”!

17. Audrey says

Here is another super quick peanut butter recipe.
    Peanut Butter Fudge. 1 jar 18oz peanut butter can use smooth or crunchy. 1 can vanilla frosting. Place both in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix well and pour in 8 x 8 pan and refridgate for 20 minutes. Cut and serve.

18. nelda isom says

this is a great idea. I’ve always loved peanut butter mixed with syrup on crackers but we called it “mixed peanut butter” This would be so much easier than spreading peanut butter on my pancakes.

19. Linda Robinson says

I laughed when I saw this recipe! My father passed away 28 years ago , but while he was alive, he always mixed peanut butter with honey or syrup-whichever we had on hand & had it over biscuits or bread! Wow, this really brought back memories, and of course, I’ve followed in his footsteps!

20. Dianne Johnson says

You took me back in time! I haven’t thought of this in years. My grandmother, who is 20 years gone, was a cafeteria lady!! She was the most amazing country cook.
    Her last name was Sapp and we always called her Mama Sapp. There are a number of recipes we just call Mama Sapp corn, or butterbeans, whatever. She is so missed and always will be.

21. Dianne Johnson says

By the way, my sister and I ran a B & B for a number of years in Milledgeville, GA called The Antebellum Inn. In the fall I picked up pecans in the yard, shelled them and made Sour Cream Pecan Pancakes. So good. The clincher was the topping. No syrup. I took the remainder of the sour cream and mixed it with brown sugar (to taste) and put it on the table. One morning two ladies just couldn’t imagine putting that on pancakes. I served them warm syrup, but when I went back to check on them, the sour cream bowl was empty!!! Too funny!

22. Judi Harvey says

I’ve been eating this since I was a kid, only we made it with Karo corn syrup. Who needs to pour it on anything…just eat it with a spoon. My hubby thinks this is crazy but my family has been eating it for years!

23. Mike C says

I’ve been doing this my whole life, my dad taught me! I love using Steens pure cane syrup. It’s good with any bread. Love to mix it up in the plate, then sop it up, even with light bread!

24. melanie says

Christy, My best friend has always put peanut butter on her pancakes then syrup her whole life, and I have actually made fun of her, but she knows I am just picking with her although I never thought I would it on my pancakes it looks like I am going to have to apologize..and try it. But what I was going to say is I buy Fry’s brand (Kroger) Peanut Butter with Honey and I love it so wouldn’t it work to just pop it in the microwave?

25. Laura Geddings says

I LOVE peanut butter and put it on my pancakes whenever I can along with sugar cane syrup. I’ve mixed the two put never thought to melt the peanut butter into the syrup. I will be trying this this weekend and will have to pass it on to my niece who takes after me and her granddad and puts PB on pancakes.

• Sharon says

We’ve now had it on baked oatmeal and on top of biscuits (your buttermilk biscuit recipe, by the way). My peanut butter fanatics LOVED it over the oatmeal. And it was super delicious over biscuits this morning. My son decided to put syrup on one half the biscuit and jelly on the other and turn it into a PBJ Biscuit! LOVE this recipe. Definitely going into my binder of Family Favorites Recipes..

26. Barbara Miller says

mmmmmmmmm, mixed mine with molasses…….and not that awful blackstrap stuff you get in most supermarkets. find a light colored version and you must be able to eat it strait from the jar.

gonna also try the fudge idea using PB and vanilla frosting.