1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

If you’re on Pinterest of Facebook I’d really love it if you could use one of the buttons above. Thanks so much! Follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.

It’s National Peanut Butter Day! My family is made up of a bunch of peanut butter fanatics so when I realized what day it was I dropped what I was doing and rushed into the kitchen to mix up a batch of this delicious syrup so to show you how easy it is to make and some of the many uses for it.

This very versatile recipe has a simple formula: 1 part peanut butter to 2 parts syrup. The syrup I’m using in this post is Honey but you can also use maple syrup, karo syrup or even pancake syrup in it’s place.

Ready? Lets get started! Don’t blink because you’ll miss it if you do :)

Place peanut butter and honey (or whatever syrup you’re using) in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Heat for 30 seconds in your microwave, stir. Heat thirty seconds more and stir until smooth and creamy.

You’re done!

This is excellent over ice cream…

But it’s also amazing over pancakes.

Be sure and try it on biscuits, waffles, french toast, regular toast, and if all else fails, just eat it with a spoon!

Leftovers can be stored in the fridge.

This is a peanut butter lover’s heaven!

Surprise your family tonight with this delicious treat!

1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

1 Minute Peanut Butter Syrup

• 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, corn syrup (karo), or pancake syrup
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1. In microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine syrup and peanut butter.
  2. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave thirty seconds more. Stir until creamy and well combined.
  3. Excellent over biscuits, pancakes, french toast, waffles, toast, and ice cream. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

For more peanut butter recipes, including allergy options,

be sure and click here to visit my Treasure of Peanut Butter Recipes Post!

Give me a NEW day with sunshine OR rain and you’ve still given me a NEW day,

another opportunity in which to rejoice and be thankful.

Submitted by Kim. Click here to add your quotes to our collection!

Comments

1. Momma K says

Oh my goodness, Christy! I just got goosebumps when I saw this post on FB! I haven’t thought of this since I was a little kid! We used syrup and dipped our toast in it! Thanks for reminding me of this great childhood memory!

2. kat says

Christy, I’m unsubscribing today. I’ve enjoyed your blog and recipes for a few months now, but the commercial aspect of your blog has grown so much that all I see are advertisements when I click on it, so it’s time for me to leave. I loved the down-home feel of your blog when I found it, but now it’s just a venue to sell products. We gave up TV for the same reason. I wish you all the luck and all the money you want to make.

• Howard says

Kat, I think you’re missing the point here. It is FREE for you to come to this site to take advantage of the FREE recipes. However, for someone running a blog that gets, what is sure to be, hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, it isn’t free. There’s the cost to host a site like this, the cost of an email subscriber service, cost of food, etc. Besides all that, what is really the point in being so negative? If you don’t like it, don’t come back. There’s no need to be rude. Didn’t your mama teach any better?

• Faith says

Kat, you are really rude! If you dont like her blog then just unsubcribe and be done with it. Everyone needs an income to make it in the world. I’m a nurse and although I love my job and my patients, I work to make money, pay my bills, and enjoy some things in life when I’m not working. I’m just blessed that I get to do what I love for a living. The fact that you have to leave a “nasty-gram” just proves you have no manners or class! Good luck to you too–you’re gonna need it!

This is a lovely blog! Honestly, I can’t stand people who give up stuff for the ‘commercial aspect’. I mean, really? You’re using the internet but don’t like commercial aspect? Lol, gimme a break.

Btw, loooooove the sauce and pics!

3. Miranda says

Alrighty then….! We all have to have money to make it in this world. If you can make some money by putting ads on your site, that is fine by me. You are doing a great job. I love reading your posts and trying your recipes. I can’t wait for your new cookbook.!!

Just an ol’ Southern girl,

Miranda

4. Linda says

I love peanut butter on my pancakes I have been eating them with peanut butter for many years they are just so divine with pb it takes the pancake to a whole other level. My husband loves pb he eats it every day . When I was a kid my grandmother used to make me pb and honey sandwiches yummy..My husband tells me that if we run out of pb he will divorce me it is a running joke in our household so I keep at least 3 big jars of it in the panty. My son cooks so I told him about your website I told him that you have some great recipes so he is eager to try some out. Thanks for your great recipes. Keep up the great work.

5. Gayle Spears says

Christy, just wanted to take a minute to let you know that our entire family enjoyed this peanut butter syrup this morning on homemade pancakes. Who would’ve “thunk”?? Peanut butter and honey, two of my favorite things – yum! Thanks for the recipe and all that you do! We appreciate it!

6. Debbie Strum says

OK…I’ll admit that I didn’t take the time to read all of the comments for this post, but just in case anyone is wondering… Yup! You sure CAN use sugar free pancake syrup in this recipe and it works great! Oh, and I don’t care how many ads they put on your blog, Christy! It will NEVER keep me from tuning into your wonderful stories and yummy recipes!! I’ve just let myself get real good at ignoring them! ;) Too bad some folks haven’t learned the lesson, “If you can’t say anything nice…”

7. Ellen says

Commenting again to let you know I made blueberry pancakes with this peanutbutter syrup this morning. Delicious. It really is like a thinner version of the amazing sandwich spread I grew up with at home and school. Peanutbutter and karo must be a southern thing. I thought it was just us who did it, because most people I talk to have never heard of it. Thank god for the south.

8. Ruby says

CHRISTY, I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE RECIPES YOU SEND TO US BUT AS FAR AS KAT, SHE IS A NEGATIVE PERSON AND DOESN’T NEED TO VIEW YOUR WEB-SITE. NEGATIVE PEOPLE ONLY LIVE A MISERABLE LIFE.
    I LOVE YOUR RECIPES BECAUSE THEY ARE SO SIMPLE AND QUICK TO MAKE USING EVERYDAY ITEMS IN THE HOUSE.
    RUBY

9. E.J. says

Guess I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer but the first thought that came to mind when I read Kat’s comment was “what advertisments?”. I guess I enjoy the story and recipe so much I never bothered to look anywhere else. :)

E.J. I just love you!
      I’ve always found that the truth of the matter is we find what we’re looking for. So if you’re finding good in things, then that is a testament to the type of person you are. You look for the best in people and situations :)
      Bless you and thank you so much for being here.

• Helen Luksan says

You are sunshine Christy! I feel joy reading your blog :) I made meals for my daughter and her husband for 2 days a week, the following year after their 1st child was born. It was such a boost for them. Most of the recipes I used were yours! Peanut butter and honey melded together on low heat is a match made in heaven! Take off the heat and add 1/2 C of carob or cocoa, seeds and nuts, (dates or dried fruit if you like) pour into a pan, chill and you have the fruit from such a match. Delicious energy bites :o)

I have been eating peanut butter n syrup all my life.
    I was raised on Steen’s pure cane syrup. It dark like mollases and full of flavor. It is also high in potassium and iron.
    Like the saying goes- once you go black you want go back.
    I dont eat much bread anymore but I still eat my PB&S with apples, bananas and other fruits.

11. Lori says

I grew up having this on pancakes, biscuits, waffles, or just a piece of toast. It’s great! I have never heated mine up in the microwave, but I’m sure that will help thin it out a little if you like your spread thin. It is worth a try for all of you who have never had this!

Lori;-)

12. Angela Lewis says

I like to take a spoon of peanut butter and put on my ice cream. This recipe makes it spread better. I should try it! When I was in Home Ec., some of us made a salad that had a dressing of: peanut butter, honey and mayo (I think). I know you’re not a mayo lover, but you’ll have to try it. I think we put it over bananas and I don’t remember if something else. And about the advertisements! Don’t make me no mind. :)

13. Linda D says

I think “Kat” might be a blogger who hasn’t had the success that you have and might be a tad bit jealous..sour grapes..Hmm! I agree, if you don’t like the website..go elsewhere and be happy..no need to be rude. Shows a lack of class & manners! Something that Christy has LOTS of! Love your site, Christy!

When I was a little kid, my friend and I used to mix peanut butter, syrup, and butter, to make a spread we put on pancakes. That was before microwaves were common, so we would just stir it all up. I hadn’t thought of that in ages!

15. Mary says

When I was a child, my school had peanut butter/syrup sandwiches on Fridays. I thought they were delicious back then and I still do. I tried to duplicate them but I have never been able to get the same taste. I think I’m using a different syrup than they did.

16. Brandy Stropes says

What great memories this recipe has brought back!!! As kids, my brothers & I would mix peanut butter & syrup together & just dip toast, plain bread, pancakes, biscuits, or whatever we could find in it!! A childhood staple!

• linda wingard says

christy, i love your site.as my mama use to say there good and bad in this world. you just forgive and go on. kay was just a bad apple in the basket. throw it out before it spoils all the rest. many blessing to you and all your family. so many people tune to see you every day. i love you peanut butter and honey.sooooooo goooood

17. Ceil Garrison says

I think Lincoln once said “You can’t please all the people all the time…” Well, Christy, keep up the GOOD work. I’ll admit I don’t mind the few ads you have. Viva capitalism!

18. Bob M. says

Christy, I’ve tried this before, and fyi I used Golden Eagle Syrup from right there in the great state of Alabama, my Home State. It is the best syrup I’ve ever had,
    it looks like honey in the jar, taste wonderful, once you’ve tried it you’ll be asking your grocer to put it on the shelves.We have trouble finding it here in Arkansas, some times it will be in a Walmart. Thanks.

19. Kendall says

Christy!!

What a jewel I found when I found your site. So many good recipes and I like to cook and eat. I had to write today since I thought peanut butter and pancakes were an amazing Family Tradition. As people tried it they loved it and we took credit for “inventing” the idea.
    I look forward every day to the email and I noticed that you have archives. Thank you for being so free to share your recipes. I also enjoy the entire conversation.

20. Mary Grant says

Christy, I love how your kitchen is decorated and how you use the corning ware products. I am looking for a 1950′s retro laminate table and chairs to seat 6-8. Would love to find a pink one but can’t seem to find many of them around. I live in So. Ala. so was searching for one within 100-200 miles. I thought if i put this on your site that if someone has one or knows of one for sale i might could get the information. can e-mail me at sissiegrant@contractor.bc.com
    Oh…and i love your posts….and have never even noticed the advertisement….keep up the wonderful, uplifting work!

21. Sherry says

This stuff is good on a plain cake, too. Or make it really thick and use as a sandwich filling.
    I saw Christy and the delicious recipes in Neighbors magazine today! ;)
    I did not see any ads either, except Dr. Oz, and I like Dr. Oz!

22. Melanie says

We are from New Zealand – my husband recently went to the States and had peanut butter syrup on some pancakes. We also like all things peanut butter but in NZ it is harder to come by a lot of the products.
    Will be making this for him for our pancakes on the weekend for sure!

23. JoyceT. says

Oh, what memories this brought back. We used to mix some honey in peanut butter to spread on toast! Can’t wait to try it as syrup.

As for Kat’s comments, I alos never really noticed ads, I guess that I was too intent on what you had to say and the recipes! Wonder if she works for free?
    Get a life Kat!

24. cindy says

I have lived in a couple of areas with a large Amish area (certainly not the south) those of you not familiar with their (Amish) culture they meet as a community every other week in private homes for church this is an all day event and people need to be fed lunch time meal since it has to be quick and not considered work and please their large numbers of children it always includes what is called “church spread” loaves of homemade bread to eat it on there are two comm0n variations of this spread peanut butter and dark syrup or sorghum mixed together and peanut butter and marshmallow fluff mixed together. I often buy local cookbooks and they often contain church spread recipes.

25. tabetha says

This was really good!

I made this for our pancake breakfast today and used table syrup. I found that I had to add about 1/4 cup more syrup because as it cooled it got too thick to pour properly on the pancakes.

Hubby thought it was good but said he would rather smear his pancakes with peanut butter and then pour the syrup. Whatever. Party pooper.

Next time I am making it for ME for my ice cream. None for him! :-)

26. Cindi Trunk says

My momma grew up on this, but they just made it in a plate and sopped it up with bread. For me, it is a nice snack when I’m hungry for something sweet and don’t want to bake something. I like it with a slice of American cheese too. I never thought of heating it and using it as syrup. My pancakes always get peanut butter and maple syrup, so why not? Thanks!