- Southern Plate - http://www.southernplate.com -
Posted By Christy Jordan On February 28, 2013 @ 9:46 am In Main Course,Quick&Easy | 97 Comments
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce pkg taco seasoning
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14.5 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Martha White Self Rising White Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix (can use yellow self rising corn meal mix)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray an 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease. Add in Taco seasoning, water, tomatoes, and corn. Stir and bring just to a boil. Pour into baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together corn meal mix, milk, egg, oil, and cheese until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto top of meat mixture in baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy!
Article printed from Southern Plate: http://www.southernplate.com
URL to article: http://www.southernplate.com/2013/02/canyon-casserole.html
Click here to print.
Copyright © Christy Jordan, Southern Plate 2010. All rights reserved.