Today I’m thrilled to be sharing with you a special recipe from the Southern Plate Magazine! Feel free to post this on facebook, pin it, share it with friends, and print it!
Don’t forget to pick up your copy of the Southern Plate Magazine soon as it is only available for a very limited time. In it, you’ll find 20 full menus, over 80 exclusive recipes, with a photo of each recipe!
You can find the Southern Plate Magazine on newsstands or purchase it online with free shipping by clicking here.
If you’ve found the Southern Plate Magazine in a store near you, please share where you got yours in the comments below! So far I’ve seen them at Sam’s Club, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Publix, and Barnes and Noble.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 5 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni (about 2½ cups uncooked)
- Paprika (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add Cheddar, cream cheese, and mustard, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in cooked macaroni and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.