{Devotions} What I want for you

whatiwant

What I want for you

I want you to feel encouraged
I want you to know that you’re not alone
I want you to know that you are so much stronger than you think you are,
and I want you to stop trying to convince yourself that you’re not

I want you to know you are loved so dearly, more than you could ever possibly fathom

and I want you to know that you can do it
and that I believe in you

I believe in you

and I want you to believe in yourself
and I want you to know that it’s okay to feel weak
because your strength is not what is going to get you out of here
You have the strength of God almighty behind you

You need only ask.

I want you to know that God loves you, and no matter how hard you try you can’t convince Him that you’re not worth loving.
And no matter how hard you try you can’t earn his love – or lose his love.
and I want you to know that He doesn’t love you because of what you have or haven’t done.
He loves you because you’re his baby.

Comments

1. Janet DeBerry says

Christy, remember when things get tough and you are thinking bad words, look in the mirror and hear us all saying this to you. I am so proud of you. You are one gutsy lady. xoxojanet

2. amanda Mallard says

This is so very lovely. I am going to print it up and leave it everywhere for my husband to see!! What great encouragement! How wonderful Divine Love is!!! Thank you! <3<3<3

3. Marianne says

Christy, I guess I missed this post, maybe I needed to wait till today to read it though. See, my Mom (84) is getting worse with her mental capacity. She has been through so many surgeries, breast cancer and heart condition, but she has always maintained a sweet loving personality. Her brain is calcifying now from having electrical shock treatments in the early 60′s. She uses every opportunity to let me know that my late brother was so much better than I am or ever could be. She says to me often that I should have gotten the cancer and died instead of him. My friends have heard her lash out for no apparent reason. She has moments of her normal self, sweet, loving, laughing and trying to sing again. She does not have dementia or Alzheimer the doctors say that this could keep getting worse or it could even out. Meanwhile I am the brunt of her bad days. So thank you, through all your pain, discomfort and I know frustration at not being able to do your normal daily routines you have taken the time to touch my heart to give me words that I can hold in my heart to make it through yet another day.
    Take care sweet lady, I am proud to know you even if it’s only through your blog, I treasure your book and the bookplate that you signed for me. I actually have 2 books, one that I use in the kitchen and one in my bookcase brand new and shiny! LOL
    Hugs, Loves and always in my prayers xoxoxo (share those with the family)

• Janet DeBerry says

Marianne, I am putting you on my prayer list. It is so horrible to have someone you love say hateful things to you. Remember that this is her disease talking. The very fact that you care about and pray for other people speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. Remember what Christy says
      God loves you cause you’re His baby. He is all we need to come alongside and strengthen us. May our Heavenly Father bless you and keep you strong. Remember that other people are caring about and praying for you. xoxoj

4. `Joyce Partington says

God Bless You, as you are quite a remarkable woman. I was telling my Daughter about you, as she has horses and that is all that keeps her going.She was praying for your recovery also. She has had Juvenile Rhematoid Arthritis since she was 3 years old. She can’t get around anymore without crutches, but she never gives up. Over the years she has had numerous operations. She struggles with every day life. She keeps looking at food processors, but she can’t afford one. If my name is drawn, It would go to her to make life a little easier for her. Thank you for you inspiration and all your wonderful recipes.

5. Jules khayati says

I am over in the United Kingdom but love your recipes and comments. You are proof that with determination and gods love anything is possible. To anyone that read this today and needed to hear it, no one has the power to make you feel bad because gods power to make you feel good is so much stronger. I retrained as a chef at the age of 49. I had been a nurse before that, but nursed my dad with dementia for 13years so when he died I couldn’t nurse anymore. There is always a way and each day I thank god for showing it to me. Blessings and prayers for all of you.

6. Tanya Foret says

Thank you, ear one, for this post. I love to think about God’s love – no matter what we do or even think, God’s love is constant towards us…we’re his baby.
    Bless you today.

7. kaye says

Well this is just about of the most “inspirational,” and sweetest thing I’ve seen PUBLICALLY in a long while. It is true, whatever He takes us to . . . He takes us through, we have many folks in TN that’s really praying to our Lord and Savior Jesus, for so many folks. . . sickness, injuries, and that INCLUDES Christy NOT the COWGIRLS too!!

Love and Blessings, God is more than willing and GREATER than able!!

8. Eileen says

beautiful devotion! I wanted you to know that I made the strawberry pie and it was a tremendous hit. I made it in NC for company. I put ice cream on crust flat, then added the ice cream balls, strawberries and syrup. Absolutely delicious!

9. Mary says

Hello Christy – thank you so much for this devotional. My daughter is struggling with a heroin addiction and these words are exactly what I needed to say to her. You are a blessing and I fell blessed to have found you and your wonderful website. God bless you and your family!