Lifesavers: What I want for you

Lifesavers from Christy Jordan

I want you to feel encouraged
I want you to know that you’re not alone
I want you to know that you are so much stronger than you think you are,
and I want you to stop trying to convince yourself that you’re not

I want you to know you are loved so dearly, more than you could ever possibly fathom
and I want you to know that you can do it
and that I believe in you
I believe in you

and I want you to believe in yourself

and I want you to know that it’s okay to feel weak
because your strength is not what is going to get you out of here
You have the strength of God almighty behind you

You need only ask.

I want you to know that God loves you, and no matter how hard you try you can’t convince Him that you’re not worth loving.And no matter how hard you try you can’t earn his love – or lose his love.

and I want you to know that He doesn’t love you because of what you have or haven’t done.

He loves you because you’re his baby.
signature whole (smaller)

LIFESAVERS What I want for you

Comments

1. MARSHA G. says

Christy, you have perfect timing with this spirit boost. THANK YOU!!! I have a little bit of a rocky road to travel today that I will travel alone when normally my daughter would travel with me. But you know what, that road isn’t so rocky now it’s just pebbles and everyone knows pebbles are easy to travel. With your ok I will print this off and send it to my daughter in college. She goes to ORU and they definitely believe in following the LORD there.

2. Jonathan Smith says

Thanks for reposting this message! After I lost my job in 2012, Christy sent this out in early 2013. I printed this message and read it every morning and every night before bed. I now have this message printed on special paper and posted on my cube wall.
    My eyes still get watery every now and then reading it.

3. Patsy says

I loved your life saver for today.It had such feeling and the words meant so much. I hope to pass it on to my friends. Sometimes we all need to hear it ,myself included. I swim at our local VA YMCA . I stayed in the 4-5 ft because I was afraid of not being able to touch the bottom . But my friends helped me. They knew I could do it ,because I was swimming some in the 4-5 ft but they helped me , they showed me how to swim and that I’d float. I now swim in the deepend every week with no fear. God had faith in me ,just like my friends.

4. Nancy S. says

Thank you Christy for these encouraging words. I mirror some of the above statements that this could not have come at a better time for me. I have been going through a lot with the family right now and it helps to know that God is there for me and will lead me through all of this. I am going to print this and read it when I am feeling down and unloved. Thank you!

5. Deb Harris says

Thank you. I really needed this today. I have fibromyalgia & other things & sometimes all I can think of is what I can’t do anymore! I’ve been sick & not doing much. I decided to do a few things today which stretched out to a few more etc. & I overdid it. I was sitting catching up on email & going through my mind was how what I had done was really not much, it just takes me so much longer to do things. I could do that once without thinking about it, anyone else could do without complaining & on & on. This brought tears to my eyes-I’m not alone. Thank you

6. Rhonda says

Hi Christy,

Thank you thank you : ) My brother is going through a tough time right now and I prayed God would give me encouraging words for him and here they are!! He used you to give me what I asked for and I am very grateful!! Thanks again, your awesome!

7. Patricia Hawn says

Christy, thank you for this. My son was just released from a mental hospital a few weeks ago. He was going to school before his breakdown, and we decided that when he got out that he would only take one class. This morning he dropped that class because he was feeling overwhelmed and over tired. So, I was sitting here feeling all disappointed with myself and him and then your “Lifesaver”popped into my email. Thank you for showing me that God still cares and will give us strength.

8. Jana says

The perfect words at the perfect time. Not only were they a ministry of hope for me personally, God has shown me some others in which to write in a note card so they will also receive the blessing of hope that is within the love of God. We all appreciate your willingness to be open, honest and sharing.

9. Larry Robertson says

Thank you. I glanced at my email today and saw your message, but passed over it. I was feeling so low for the different members of my family who are going through some tough times. For some reason I went back just now and read your beautiful post. I have sent it to all of them and printed it out for my bedside.
    Thank you and God Bless.
    Larry

10. Connie says

Your words are always uplifting and positive. You should think about publishing a book. Really… Maybe daily quotes or something??? Thank you. We need more people like you in this world.

11. Janel says

Christy, thank you for sharing thoughts like these with us. Thanks for being willing to speak out when it’s all too easy not to do so. We each need to be reminded of these all important thoughts. God bless you richly!

12. Elizabeth (Liz) says

Hi CHRISTY , IT seem A lot of us needed this lifesaver today. This is what God wants us to do. to lift up others, who may need to know God will never leave us ,HE is always with us in bad times and good times. just call om the Lord when things seem to much to bear.(Susan I lost my first husband after 32 years. He always told me he did not want me to be alone. I ask God to send me another good man and he did. honey you and everyone else are in my prayers.)Christy thanks for your God given wisdom,may our Lord bless yoday and forever. Liz

13. Maxine Lowery says

Thank you so much for this Lifesaver today. This is so what I needed to hear today. I was so down and out and your words lifted me up out of my thoughts. You are a wonderful person and I appreciate you so much.

14. Cherylle Waters says

It seems we get a God-breeze when we really need it, as evidenced by so many of the comments. I know I sure needed one. My son who has been leukemia-free for six and a half years was just diagnosed with colon, stomach, and liver cancer. He certainly has a brave battle ahead, aided by his girlfriend who will be ministering to him and to her mom who is also receiving chemo for cancer. Prayers for strength, healing, and miracles all around. Thankfulness for dedication and love and the power of God.

15. Amy says

On July 1st my 41 year old son was killed in a home accident. My daughter in law, daughter, husband and myself found him, but were unable to help him. Our lives have been forever changed as well as his four teenage children. Every day I try to pick myself up and go on for my family, especially the grandchildren. Some days are better than others, but today has been pretty hard.
    Your message was just what I needed to lift me up today. I have found so many times that when I begin to feel I cannot go on a friend will call or just show up, sometimes more than one friend. My son’s wife says it is God sending us angels….I agree. Thank you Christy.

16. Monica says

I have to reinterate that your timing was perfect and Thank You. I have just re-entered the workforce this week and feeling a little inadequate. Your post lifted my spirit and provided the encouragement that I needed at this moment.

17. Jackie Ammons says

When God keeps putting a thought or scripture in front of me then I have learned that I need to stop and listen to what He is telling me. What you have written is one such thing. God has been telling this to me for the last year and a half. Ok, I’m hearing you Lord! Thanks Christy.

18. Melissa says

This is exactly what I needed to read this morning. It’s almost like you know what I am going through and cheering me on. Yesterday was not my best day at work and it has been a rough week. I was feeling defeated and not looking forward to what this day had to hold. I was catching up on my emails and saw this post. It made me cry because I know I can get through whatever rough times are ahead of me. I have God by my side and he is going to help me come out of this stronger. Thank you so much for these posts. You are a true inspiration. xoxo

19. Jean says

Christy, I search your site everyday for something encouraging, light hearted and pleasant to read. Thank you for sharing your faith and happy stories.

By the way can you share any tips you learned at the coupon class?
    Have a great weekend!

20. Bambi Gardner says

Just saw this post today and made my tense shoulders relax and made me smile…even though I know this stuff, sometimes I just need to hear it again and remember. Thanks my friend!