Get My New Book! Come Home To Supper
Today I’m excited to share my new “baby” with you, Come Home To Supper!
I poured my heart and soul into this book and I’m so excited about what I am able to offer you with it! You know, all around us you hear folks tell you how important it is to sit down to supper with your family each night. They tell us that but they don’t give us the tools to do it. I set out to write the book that changes all of that.
These are the suppers I make for my family. They don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen and they certainly don’t require a large grocery budget. They’re kid-friendly and in most cases easily customizable for your own dietary needs and preferences.
The thing that bothers me about the food world today is that sometimes it seems we have entire channels dedicated to teaching folks how to cook the perfect filet mignon while we’re sitting at home trying to come up with one more thing to do with a pound of ground beef. Filet mignon is great, but what we really need to know is how to keep a family of four fed and happy.
In this book, you’ll find a whole slew of ground beef recipes that will work for those long days when you leave in the morning and won’t be back until just before suppertime. You’ll see plenty of recipes for the slow cooker, as well as tips and tricks for buying and using this workhorse appliance. You’ll find lots of one-dish casseroles, skillet meals, and things you can make ahead of time, and you’ll also find recipes and suggestions for pulling off the bigger meals as well. I’ve made sure to include plenty of chicken dishes, too, because from speaking to you I found that it is the meat served more often than any other in your homes. And you’ll find plenty of recipes for pork, other cuts of beef, seafood, and a generous helping of simple sides. Dinner breads and make-ahead desserts round it all out.
I’ve also added a generous helping of stories and quotes to encourage you along the way, more so in this book than in anything I’ve published before.
I set out to write the one cookbook that I myself would use the most when it came to planning suppers for my family— I hope you’ll find it as useful as I intended it to be. Please keep in mind, though, that the recipes in this book and the meals you and I make are really just a tool to bring our families and friends together.
Because, at the end of the day, the supper table is where we teach our families where they came from and they let us know where they hope to go. Values, heritage, history, dreams, and encouragement are passed around with the serving platters and roots grow a little deeper with each bite. We may have high hopes and aspirations when we set off into the world each morning, but if you really want to make the world a better place, end the day by coming home to supper.
What I love about this book:
- Instead of just telling you how important it is to Come Home To Supper, I give you the tools, tips, and tricks to make it easy!
- It’s Affordable! – This book is being printed as a high quality paperback that Workman is known for, and being paperback makes it FAR more affordable for everyone to buy and give as gifts (Christmas will be here before you know it!). It is also available as an Ebook. Most online retailers are selling it for just a little over $10.00!
- More Stories! - I really poured my heart into this book, sharing more stories of life and encouragement than I’ve ever shared in a publication before. Also included are quotes and sidebars throughout the book to bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart.
- Exclusive recipes – Over 200 recipes offer endless combinations of supper ideas. I spent two years developing many new recipes for this book, too! Easy on the wallet, simple to make, and all around family pleasing, I can’t wait for you to see them!
- Menus - You said you wanted ‘em! I’ve got ‘em! Included in this book are lots and lots of menu ideas, from weeknight suppers to Sunday dinners, making it easier than ever to put a meal together. Just make your list, head to the grocers, and Come Home To Supper!
- From Scratch Options – I love shortcuts but sometimes we want to make a dish from scratch instead. Whether it be for dietary reasons, because we don’t have something on hand, or to save a few pennies, this book offers many recipes with shortcut and from scratch options, with recipes for both.
Barnes and Noble is offering a free download exclusive Sneak Peek of Come Home To Supper! Click here to visit their site and download that!
You can preorder my book at any of the following online retailers:
*Barnes and Noble and Books A Million will be sending out signed copies to the first 2500 online orders they receive. However, they are not advertising this – I have no idea why. Then again, I also don’t know why we drive on a parkway or park on a driveway. It’s one of those mysteries of life but this mystery could land you with an autographed copy of my book .