Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

If you’re on Pinterest or Facebook and could use one of those buttons above, I’d sure appreciate it! Feel free to share this video on your Facebook wall or Pinterest board! If you want to embed the link to this video direction onto your facebook page, you can copy and paste this link: http://bit.ly/shredtechnique

I’m excited to bring you a video today, showing you a great tip that will save lots of time and work in the kitchen!

I don’t often do videos so if you enjoyed this, I’d love to hear about it and I’ll do more!

Below are just a few recipes that use shredded meat to inspire you!

Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ

Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

Chicken Patties

Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

Old Fashioned Chicken Stew

Hands Free Way to Shred Meat!

One slow cooker recipe, two different meals

These are the beef burritos I talked about in the video and a saucy beef barbecue sandwich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess.

And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons,

if even small ones, to get up.”

– Steve Maroboli

~Submitted by Jenny. Click here to read more and submit your own.

Amazon Barnes and Noble IB BAM Hoffman

Comments

1. Anne says

Great idea! I’m going to buy a boneless pork butt, put it in the slow cooker and shred the heck out of it! Then I’m going to divide it up and put it in the freezer for at least 3 meals. I’m getting into the freezer cooking thing.

As I said, this was great, but what I really want to know is WHAT IS YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE? I think you were probably “just born that way”(like Lady GaGa) but maybe you could share just a little of what you do.

2. connie says

Great idea!! However, I don’t have a stand mixer, actually have not used a stand mixer in over 25 years. Would a hand mixer with one or two open beaters work (the ones that do not have a post down the middle)? It is a heavy duty model. Pulled pork is a strong on this weeks menu and might just try my hand mixer with one beater.

3. Cynthia says

Just tried this on a big pork shoulder and it worked like a charm! So glad you shared this idea.

Just to let you know though, the meat does not have to be hot for this to work. Ours was on the cold side as it had been in the fridge because it was too late to do this last night. We heated it slightly on the grill, before shredding, but it was definitely not hot.

Thanks again for sharing, and please do more videos.

4. Jettie says

I have a very old Osterizer that did not have the paddle blade so I tried this with the dough hooks and it worked very well for me. I didn’t use the slowest speed but never even got to the medium range speed. Much easier than anything else I have tried.

5. frederica johnson says

I am SO impressed with this. I’ve never done a good job using two forks. I can’t wait to do this. I think it will be pulled pork first. I’ll let you know.
    Wow, what an egomaniac; every sentence above started with “I”.

Thanks, Christy

6. Sandy McWaters says

Works great! I have always preferred chicken salad with shredded meat but did not like dealing with the shredding part….but this way it’s a breeze! Best chicken salad I have made in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

7. Linda says

Love this method and I’ve used it twice since I saw your article. At first I was hesitant to dirty extra stuff but I came to my senses when I realized I used a container to let it cool, a knife and two forks. Thanks for the tip Christy!

8. Regina says

Wonderful idea! I’m making chicken noodle soup tonight so I’m going to do this! I hate shredding by hand, I have to let the meat cool then shred it. Now your idea I’ll not have to do it! Than you!

I hope you do more videos, I love the visual aspect of it. And seeing you is also a bonus!

9. ConnieQuintana says

Ever since I read this article, I shred my pork roast with my stand mixer. Usually I do not have an audience. Today, I shredded the pork and heard comments such as “Oh wow!”, “Look at that”. etc. You have made me a genius. I did tell the folks where I got the idea tho. . It is soooo easy. Thanks.

10. Nancy says

Christie,
    I must say I tried this shredding technique this weekend with Pork Carnitas
    after they were cooked in crock pot. OMG!!! I will never spend time shredding
    with a fork again! We live in South Texas and love our shredded meat in tacos,
    burritos, soup and fold-overs. Thanks for a fabulous tip. Can’t wait to try it on
    chicken! love your site!

11. Val says

I have a satellite dish for internet access and am charged by the amount of “usage”. Since videos eat up bandwidth I don’t watch them but I think I got the idea through the comments — can’t wait to try shredding meat with my mixer. Thank you!