If you’re on Pinterest or Facebook, it would help me a lot it if you could use one of the buttons above!
I’m going to keep it short and sweet today because company is coming tomorrow and my house looks like I’ve been laid up with two broke legs for the past six weeks. Wheelchair cleaning takes twice as long to do so I best get to it!
I often have brilliant ideas. From time to time those pan out to be as brilliant as I had hoped they would be.
This recipe is one of those
A cookie bar that combines soft peanut butter cookies with a cheesecake filling studded with peanut butter morsels. If you’re a peanut butter and cheesecake lover, get ready to sing “Glory!”. This is an easy recipe to throw together, even at the end of a long day, and the bars travel and pack well, too!
You’ll need: Cream Cheese, Vanilla, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, and Peanut Butter Chips. You’re also going to need one egg.
My egg was camera shy and I respected it’s feelings.
Place softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Most recipes would tell you to beat it until it is fluffy but here I want you to beat it until it blends together in submission to your supreme cooking will.
You can be ruler of the universe, it’s just a teeny tiny universe and it only resides in your kitchen.
*On the Sweetened Condensed Milk – You’ll have some leftover from this. I’ve heard it is absolutely decadent in your coffee
Add in peanut butter chips.
Stir those in until well mixed.
Divide your peanut butter cookie dough in half.
I do this quite literally.
Pat half of the cookie dough into the bottom of an 8×8 pan that you have sprayed with baking spray.
If you wet your hand, it will pat this out really easily and the dough won’t stick.
Pour your yummy cream cheese mixture over the top of the dough.
Take the other half of your dough and break off little pieces of it to put on top until you don’t have any dough left.
Bake this at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until it is lightly browned on top.
Cool (of you want), Cut, Serve….
- 16 ounce roll peanut butter cookie dough
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, place softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Pat half of cookie dough into bottom of greased 8x8 pan (Wet your hands and it will be easier). Pour cheesecake mixture over this.
- Break up remaining cookie dough and scatter on top of cheesecake mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster. It’s more like a cha-cha.
Submitted by Jackie. Click here to submit your own!