I’m thrilled to be teaming up with Formula 409 to bring you recipes and tips to make your Big Game Party the most fun yet! Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Bacon Garlic Cream Biscuits topped with Bacon gravy but I’m also sharing a great Super Bowl guide with more recipes, tips, and tricks from Chef Kevin Gillespie, my friend Erin Chase of $5 Dinners, and myself!
To read the Big Game Bacon Bash Guide, click here.
My Garlic Cream Biscuits are light, fluffy, and melt in your mouth. Pair them with fresh cooked bacon and a smear of bacon gravy and you have an appetizer fit for the best of games.
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour (*See note)
- 1+1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium bowl, stir together flour and garlic. Add in cream and stir until it forms a stiff dough.
- Pour out onto floured surface and press into a ball with hands.
- Press out flat and then bring it into a ball again. Repeat this four times to knead.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out to ½ inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter or juice glass dipped in flour, cut out biscuits.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter, if desired.
- Place grease in small skillet, add flour.
- Stir over medium heat until flour is browned.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in milk. Stir constantly until gravy thickens and no lumps remain, 7-8 minutes.
- To assemble biscuits, cut each biscuit in half and top with freshly cooked bacon and a smear of thick bacon gravy. Serve warm.
“The problem with winter sports is that – follow me closely here – they generally take place in winter.”
*This is a sponsored post by Formula 409. All opinions expressed are my own and I sure do appreciate their support of my work!Yum