Recipes for Chocolate Lovers

Recipes For Chocolate Lovers

In time for Valentine’s Day, I’m sharing some of my personal favorite chocolate recipes with you! Choose your favorite and make it for someone you love …or just yourself.

Because you should always love yourself :)

Oh-LAWDY-Capuccino-cake

Cappuccino Cake

Incredibly moist Dark Chocolate Cake iced with a Whipped Cappuccino Buttercream icing and served with chocolate ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup.

German-Chocolate-Pie-Final

German Chocolate Pie

My daddy’s favorite!

brownie-pie-final

Triple Chocolate Brownie Pie

If you’re like me and have never met a brownie you didn’t like, you’re gonna love this pie.

chocolate-fried-pies

Chocolate Fried Pies

Flaky pie crust filled with homemade chocolate filling.

SMores-Brownies

S’Mores Brownies

These only take about five minutes to put together!

final-peanut-butter-brownies1

Peanut Butter Iced Brownies

Brownies iced with Peanut Butter Fudge icing. Any Questions? Nope!

chocolate-gravy

Chocolate Gravy

This is an old Southern standard. When poured over biscuits, it turns them into tiny little chocolate soaked cakes! Also good on ice cream.

chocolate-cobbler

Chocolate Cobbler

Whenever my daughter has company, she asks me to make this for them. For her last birthday party, I had homemade cupcakes for the kids and chocolate cobbler for the adults…I ended up having to make three chocolate cobblers because that is what all of the kids wanted, too!

chocolate-pound-cake-fudge-glaze

Chocolate Pound Cake

This is the one cake that I am asked to make most often. Its just a good old fashioned chocolate pound cake that is sublime on its own, but when you add my Grandmother’s fudge icing, it becomes a favorite to all.

chocoholic cake

Chocoholic Cake

This cake takes chocolate to whole new levels!

chocolate-muffins-final

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins (and contentment)

Start your day out with a little chocolate!

chocolate-velvet-cake

Chocolate Velvet Cake

Deep, dark chocolate cake is made from doctoring up a mix, then topped with homemade cream cheese icing. Also on this post, Why You’re A Good Mama If Your Cake Is Ugly.

And don’t forget: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies – and how to be the best Mama ever!

These are just a few of my favorites, but I hope you’ll find a new favorite here as well.

Have a blessed week!

“A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.”

~Thomas Carlyle

Comments

1. Karen says

I’ve made the cappuccino cake, chocolate cobbler and the chocolate velvet cake… so I can definitely attest that you can’t go wrong with any of those recipes! In fact… I might make the chocolate velvet for Valentine’s Day. It was my favorite.

2. Heather says

I am salivating and plan to make the chocolate pies tonight, according to the directions you make ten balls then split each one of those into sixths – 60 fried pies? At the pastry stage can any of this be frozen – because thats a lot of fried pies.

3. Heidi says

Cappuccino Cake is my daughter’s favorite. She requests it for her birthday every year. Divine! And thank you Christy for always being a light in this dark world. I look forward to your words of wisdom every morning on my Facebook feed. God bless you!

4. Annette Crossley says

Oh my God Christy,these Chocolate Lovers recipes are to simply die for. I really don’t know where to start,maybe I’ll try the delicious Cappuccino Cake. Shucks Christy, these recipes are fabulous. Thank You So Much, Be Blessed Christy!

5. Deirdre Henry says

My goodness, what a selection. It is difficult to know what to choose. I will be treating myself as my darling other half does not like chocolate cake (his loss). Chocolate Velvet Cake, that’s the one for me. Many thanks for recipies.

6. Martha says

Dear Christy,
    My mouth was salavating for everyone of those HEAVENLY DESSERTS! Thank you for sharing the recipes.
    Tomorrow your cookbooks that I ordered from Barnes & Noble are suppose to be delivered. I can hardly wait.

7. Jen says

I think I’ll be making the chocolate cobbler again. I have all the ingredients and its yummy. The other recipes look amazing too as always. lol. I used to have a t-shirt years ago that said, “chocolate: its not just for breakfast anymore.” Love chocolate.

8. Elizabeth (Liz) says

Hi Christy, happy birthday had one myself on Jan 26.Its nice to know we are born under the same sign. I will be making one of these recipes I for my husband. waiting for book number three I have the others.Thanks for sending us all of these goodies.YOU AND YOURS HAVE A HAPPY V DAY GOD BLESS Liz