Today is a Good Day

Today is a Good Day

Today is a good day to:

Notice the sky. Savor your food. Smile more. Sing along to the radio. Eat a piece of chocolate. Hold doors for others. Let yourself feel hope.

Realize that our problems are smaller than they seem, and our impact on others is greater than we’ll ever know.

Today is a good day to pause and just breathe and know that everything is gonna be alright.

So lift up your face, square your shoulders, and get ready to show the world what you’re made of.

Smile hon, you got this.

And today is a good day. :)

Today is a Good Day

Today is a Good Day

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

1. MARSHA G. says

Thank you for the wonderful message Christy! The closer it gets to my only child leaving for college the harder it is for me to face each day, so I definitely need to remember that every day is a good day. You are such an Amazing person not only do you inspire your readers with beautiful words but we get supplied with wonderful recipes to boot!

• Lori says

I went through this a few years ago. But I hope it helps to let you know the anticipation and dread is a lot worse than the reality. I was amazed at how quickly I adjusted. Now he’s home for summer and that’s another adjustment.

• MARSHA G. says

Thanks Lori, I know the anticipation of August 10th arriving when we leave Texas for Tulsa is killing me. I keep thinking where did the little girl go that seems like just started Pre-K. I do feel positive in the fact she chose a good christian college.

2. Debbie says

I so needed to hear these words of encouragement today! I know I have many blessings, but my spirit gets weary at times and I want to give up. Thank you for taking your precious time to remind me that “everything is gonna be alright”!

3. Jean says

Christy,
    You are right everyday is a good day…some days have bad circumstances and it is very hard…
    I have to keep reminding myself “This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it”.

4. Kim says

It is Florida, 7:00 a.m….. walk outside to go to work. A job that God Himself provided 30 years ago and forever thankful. WHOA BABY NO HUMIDITY TEMP IS 74 DEGREES Don’t know who thought I was the craziest seeing the happy dance as I closed the gate….the neighbor getting the newspaper or the dog….The dog chose to dance with me. Maybe next time the neighbor will come on over and get a dose of happy!! Let’s dance!

5. Keith Roberts says

This came at the perfect time!! I’m at the hospital waiting with my family while my dad has open heart surgery!
    I enjoy these lifesavers you send Christy!! Thanks for being you and such an inspiration :)

6. Candace says

Christy, you’ll never know how much this post touched my heart today. So much has been breaking & falling apart with the house & cars lately & I’ve been so out of heart. This helped me to realize what deep down I already know. Regardless of the situation, I. AM. BLESSED! Thanks for the reminder. May you have a wonderful day and may God bless you in the way you bless others!

7. Lori says

Thanks Christy! I really needed a pick me up today. Lots of negative around me, but more blessings! I’ll count the blessings and give up the problems to God!
    Love your Lifesavers graphic!

8. Janel says

Christy, thanks for reminding me that today is a good day. It reminds me that every day is a good day. Thanks for your faithfulness to our Father in sharing what He puts on your heart to share! God bless you.

9. Glenave Curtis says

I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 2:9, “…No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him…”. Yes, today and every day is a good day, because God made it.

10. candy weiford says

Thank you. Feeling terribly sorry for myself. My youngest daughter moved out when she got married. Her husband traveled. She and my grandson and husband moved back home. 11 years and 2 more grandchildren later, they bought a house and moved out last week-end. I know how blessed I have been to be that much a part of their lives. It makes for lonely & long days. Any suggestions as to how I go from cooking everyday for 7 to only cooking for 2?

11. Faye Hillard says

I sit here feeling sorry for myself from all that has gone on this week and I look at all these comments to see how people have been so blessed and I am ashamed of myself. I am taking care of my older brother in a care and rehab center and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong including someone stealing his billfold and all his money but especially all his ID cards which is going to be a job to replace. I know God has brought us through so many trials and has given us so many blessings. I just want to praise Him for all He has done for me. I thank you Christy also for your encouraging words and sharing all that you have with us as your fans. Keep up the good work.

12. Terry A. says

Thank you Christy for your words of encouragement . You have been such a blessing in so many ways. This morning I had an appt with an orthopaedic doctor thinking I may have to have a hip replacement or knee surgery. I was very nervous and apprehensive. Butt after consultation and injection I am very thankful to say I won’t be needing either!!!! God is so good!!!! Thank you for listening to God and your heart.

13. Susan the farm quilter says

Thank you so much for this very timely reminder!!! One of my daughters is getting married August 1…800+ miles from my home…and I’m going quietly crazy with no internet (unless I sit in the neighbor’s front yard and “borrow” theirs!). The stress of a wedding, even when the bride has been planning it for 2 years, is crazy!! Gonna take a deep breath and just enjoy the ride!

14. Emma says

Thank you for the encouraging words today. For the past month I have so much going on with my childreh and grandchildren, with my sisyers, one brother. This afternoon one of my daughters calls and tells me that her son ( my grandson ) has hypatist ( may have spelled it wrong ) want know until
    tomorrow afternoon which one. Your message has helped me so much.
    Thank you.

15. Pottsy says

Thank you for posting this! It seems that I really needed this and I see the Lord working in areas of my life that I never really expected a change in just yet. Thought of it but really hadn’t done much to try and change it. Well wouldn’t you know the areas I see him working in he is actually opening doors that I never could have imagined for myself. So continuous prayers:)

16. Venessa T. says

Hey Christy, this message was definitely right on time for me today. I haven’t been myself lately and have been feeling down and out. For the past couple of weeks my family and I have been going through. From being behind in our mortgage to not having enough to feed our six kids, it’s been one thing after the other. But, just when I felt like giving up because I couldn’t take the stress and strain anymore, I read the new lifesaver you sent and couldn’t stop crying. While looking for asprin, I find a piece of candy at the bottom of my purse and smile. In that moment, GOD reminds me that He’s still there and to trust Him no matter what. It was a good day after all.

17. Sara says

“our impact on others is greater than we’ll ever know. ” Although sometime we do see a glimpse of this. I love to look for someone, especially an older woman (we become invisible to others at some point), who looks rushed or sad or just very pre-occupied, and give her a compliment. I remember seeing a lovely Black lady one day at the grocery store, who looked so tired and harried. She was wearing a great dress in a dynamic color. I smiled and said “You look so beautiful in that dress! The color is just gorgeous on you!” She looked startled at first, but in a second she smiled and said Thank you. I noticed that she stood a little straighter and left with a smile on her face. Just the other day there was a lady at the gas station pump next to me, she had on some cute pants that were white with embroidered pineapples. I smiled at her and told her that “I love your pants! Those pineapples are so cute. I love pineapples. You look like Summer personified!” She looked confused, but said thank you. I noticed that she was smiling broadly when she drove away. I learned a long time ago (from, of all people, an Algebra Teacher) that a compliment will make someone’s day and costs me nothing but the time to notice. :-)

18. Linda Kay Bingham Cornett says

Dear Christy Girl, you are always such a joy and encourager. I just forwarded one of your blogs to some friends. I know they will come to love you as I do. God bless you.