What Decision Will You Make Today?

Need a Purpose, Take a Purpose

The secret to being a “morning person” has nothing to do with what time you wake up.

** It doesn’t matter if your morning starts at 4:00 A.M. Or Noon**

No matter when it starts, that is your morning and I’ve learned that the way I treat it will determine what I get back from it.

If I growl and grumble, it’s gonna bite.

Instead, when I wake up, I decide to be grateful I woke up.

I decide to count my blessings instead of complaints.

I decide to be patient instead of frazzled.

I decide to smile instead of frown.

I decide to notice every little joy and count them as such instead of taking them for granted: running water, a bed, a roof, a job, a family, blue sky out my window at a traffic light, tires on my car that take me where I want to go…

These are some of the things that helped me to become a morning person, and come to think of it these are also some of the things that helped me to become a happy person - Neat how that works. :)

A string of small decisions…

made moment after moment…

day after day…

But it all begins – each day – with one…

I decide to be grateful.

signature whole (smaller)

What decision will you make today

Read more Lifesavers below:

It’s time to live a life worthy of you

Sometimes castles look like mobile homes

Guess What? You’re Buoyant!

So, You Want To Be Happy?

The Black Pit: How to stop digging deeper and learn to claw your way out

Spring is Coming…

Free Holiday Recipes!

thanksgiving-collage

Looking for recipes to make your Holiday meals more special?

Click here to visit my Holiday Menu Bonanza Post with photos and links to *70* recipes!

Comments

• Pam Martin says

I loved this about being a morning person. I feel that God gave me this day as His gift to me and what I do with this day is my gift back to Him. I’m thankful for each day I have here on earth. I’m also thankful for your positive attitude, your wisdom, your sense of humor, your cooking ability and wiliness to share your recipes and your love of family, friends and us (your readers). Hugs and love to you Christy!

• Karen says

Pam
          I love what you said about what you do with your day, that the Lord has given you, is your gift back to Him. I will remember that daily!!
          Yes, Christy is a very special person. We are so fortunate to have her in our lives.
          Take good care.

• Karen says

Christy,
        Your thoughts of how to start off our mornings, no matter what time they start—are so beautiful~!! I love your positive attitude, which I also try to live by. Keep up the wonderful things you share with everyone. Many blessings from Florida!

1. Jean says

Christy,
    Thank you so very much for Lifesavers….it is so nice and what a wonderful blessing to hear positive thoughts and not negative ones….God is good and has allowed us one more day of life to enjoy his creation.
    Blessings always to you & your family!

2. margie says

Maybe that’s why I enjoy mornings so very much. I’m just so thankful to be able to
    get up and enjoy it. There is so much beauty and blessings waiting for us if we just open
    our eyes. I see just as many beautiful sunrises as sunsets and enjoy each and every one of
    them. I’m so thankful for all God gives us to see and enjoy! Thanks so much for your inspirations,
    Christy!

3. Susan the farm quilter says

You were a living example of that attitude last year when you were dealing with the result of your “horse accident”! You were so focused on the positive…what you could do, not what your limitations were. God certainly used you to let His light shine!!! You always make me smile, think, challenge me and occasionally have me reaching for a tissue! Thank you for being such a wonderful you!!!

4. Donna says

The Lord never said ” I’ll show you-Then you will Believe. He said ” Believe then I’ll Show You!!
    Read this before and thought I would share.
    Keep up the good work Christy.

5. mama jane says

i am thankful that you share your faith. being the humble sweet spirit you are, you have no idea how many lives you touch with your wisdom. thank you for living out the love of God with your SP family.

6. Dianne Varnadoe says

My motto is : If you wake up above the grass it is a good day I lost my husband of 50 years 9/5/10 And I really needed to put that to the test but I remembered my GOD said you get not cause you ask not so I asked for and got and PRAISE HIM EVERYDAY and NOW I can say I AM happy cause HE set me free Can you imagine what our lives would be without our GOD I can not thank HIM enough and I praise him for you cause you can and do BELIEVE in a SAVIOR and so many nowadays DO NOT THANKS!

• Martha says

Dianne…I love your motto…I lost my husband 1-13-99 so I know that heartache too. Many dark days in the beginning until I realized that everything happens for a reason and the Good Lord is always there for us. We just have to put it in his hands and be thankful for the smallest blessing. Hardships in life can make us even better people if we realize that there is always a “positive” in every negative situation. God Bless You Dianne and may many blessings come your way….Martha

7. Mary Crabtree says

Good morning, everyone!
    Thanks, Christy and all others for sharing such encouragement! Isn’t it amazing what you can find to be grateful for when you simply start looking?
    Mary
    Phil. 4:19

8. Patti says

Christy, for so long you’ve inspired us all. I hope that one day soon, you’ll inspire even more by publishing your Lifesavers.

Love,
    Patti

p.s. “God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.” ~unknown~

9. Ashanti Hoskins says

Leave this lifesaver today!!!! I am a true beliver that you must count all your blessings and be thankful for a new day, new moments and new seconds!!!
    Blessings and Love to you Christy!!!!

10. Barbara ingram says

Christy, You are totally correct…….have a friend that is totally blind……each day his
    First words of the day are “rise and shine…….top of the world”…….we too should all
    Be grateful.
    Barbara,

11. Dorothy Graham says

Christy your lifesavers are so wonderful ..and I enjoy them and am trying to live my life each day being a blessing to every one I can,,,you inspire me each day,,to be as happy as I can be,,you are a genuinely good person and it shows each day with the warm , gracious way you always treat everyone,,you are a sweet blessing…

12. Tricia says

The Lord taught me many years ago to count my blessings & be thankful for the life He has given me. As a nurse I cared for quadriplegics & other bed & chair bound people who would have given anything to be able to do the simple things such as turning in bed & feeding themselves. I just read this verse in the Bible this morning: “Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him from them out of them all.” Psalm 34:19. You are a example & a blessing, Christy, for your encouragement & sweet attitude about life.

13. MARSHA G. says

Christy, I loved today’s lifesaver I will print it and frame it to send to Oral Roberts University with my daughter in August as a reminder to start each day grateful! I totally understand what you are saying as there has been many times I hurt something terrible but when people say, “How are you today?” I will reply with a simple, “I’m blessed as I can still walk” Thank you for the beautiful message!

14. Jean says

Christy, this comes from Day by Day by Billy Graham. I thought it was good to share.

Scripture says that God allows up to 70 years and some beyond. The first 15 years are spent in childhood and early adolescence. 20 years are spent in bed: and the last 5, physical limitations start to curtail our activities. That gives us about 30 years in which to live as adults. We take time out for eating, and for figuring our taxes, and we are down to perhaps 15 years.
    Now suppose we spend 7 of those years watching television. That cuts us down to 7 or 8 years. Our time is short! The time we can invest for God, in creative things, in reaching our fellowmen for Christ, is short!

Prayer for the day;
    Each hour of everyday that is left of this earthly life, I would spend serving You, Lord Jesus. Forgive the time spent so often in needless endeavor.

15. Donna says

Keep up the Good work Christy and I’ve also am touched by the other comments on here. We are supposed to help one another.
    I’ve always like the saying “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
    Even when you don’t feel Loved God Loves You!!!
    The reason that God Honors Faith is that Faith Honors God.

Pray and doubt, you’ll do without. Pray and Believe you will receive.

God does not change us in order to love us. He loves us in order to change us.

16. Karen Kronmiller says

As the Bible says in Psalms 118:24-This is the day the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. It’s all about choices. Thank you for your Lifesavers, Christy. Love, love, love them.