With spring upon us and Easter coming up, Southern tastebuds are turning to fruit and salads!
Today I’m sharing with you our recipe for Ambrosia, which is a classic Southern fruit salad. There are many different ways of making this but we like to be flexible and use a mix of fresh and canned fruit to make this a convenient salad to whip up anytime of year.
This salad is so creamy and delicious! I hope you get to try it soon.
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- large apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2-15 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened, but sweetened works too)
- Place the pineapple juice in a small bowl and add in the chopped apple. Stir to coat and set aside.
- Place the sugar and sour cream together in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Drain the apples (discard juice) and add them and all other ingredients to the sour cream mixture.
- Stir well to combine. Cover, and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Granny Jordan’s Vegetable Salad
- Easy Peasy Glazed Ham
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Potato Salad
- Miss Patsy’s Too Easy Coconut Cake
- Blushing Apple Juleps
- Jordan Rolls