~PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST IF YOU PLAN ON JOINING US~
Hey Friends, I would like to invite you to join me in the first Southern Plate Stitch-A-Long!
We will be hand stitching, cross stitching to be exact, as it is something that is accessible to everyone and easy to pick up and put down as time allows.
Here is how our Stitch A Long will work:
- There is no set time frame. We can do it as our time allows and post our progress if we like. I’ll post my weekly progress here and you can share your progress photos either in our Southern Plate Fellowship Group (see link at the bottom of this post) or on Instagram using hashtag #spstitchalong. If you add that (#spstitchalong) to your Instagram photos – and your account is not private- your photos will automatically (within the hour) show up in the album at the bottom of this page.
- We will all be working on the same pattern, that can be purchased on Etsy. The links to purchase are below.
- Since the time frame is flexible, there is no time we have to finish by. When you finish is when you finish. If you happen upon this stitch a long a year from now, you can start then, too. Just use the hashtag to add your photos to our official album below. You can also search in our Fellowship Group for the Stitch A Long posts and add your photos there as well.
- In order to protect the creator’s copyright, please purchase the pattern directly from the creator before participating. Sharing copies of the pattern violates her copyright.
We will begin another project in approximately one month. This is not to say that you have to be done by then, though! Since this is my first stitch a long, if you see anything I’ve left out, please let me know in the comments below.
TO GET STARTED:
Purchase your pattern from Etsy by using either of the links below. NOTE: You are purchasing a PDF. You cannot purchase a printed copy but have to print it yourself at home or take the file to an office supply store and have them print it. You don’t need a color printer as there are black and white files in the packet of files you purchase as well. At the time of writing this, the pattern was $7.33.
Once your purchase the pattern all of the supplies you will need are listed in the downloads. you can either purchase them at a local craft store or online.
Here are the Supplies I’m Using
(alter to suit your own needs or desires)
- 14 count Aida Cross Stitch Fabric in Oatmeal – off white or white works as well.
- 8 inch Q-Snap Frame – you might prefer a hoop.
- DMC floss – purchased from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnns, etc.
- Embroidery Scissors – you probably already have some scissors you can use.
- Bohin Tapestry Hand Needles (size 24) – Any tapestry or cross stitch needles will work but I’ve seen a lot of complaints about DMC brand. Bohin slides through the fabric like a hot knife through butter.
- And since my eyesight is not what it used to be, I also use this lamp.
Anyone who posts a photo on Instagram using hashtag #spstitchalong will see their photo appear in a special album below within one hour of posting it. Feel free to post photos of getting started such as your printed pattern, thread purchase, etc!
To request membership in Christy Jordan’s Front Porch Fellowship, please click here. Note: You must answer the two questions to be approved. A Facebook account is required and the fellowship group has strict rules which must be followed in order to stay in the group.Yum