Today I’m bringing you another great recipe from the Southern Plate Suppers Magazine.
There is nothing like a nice cold refrigerator cake in the middle of summer heat. This one features some of my favorite flavors in an ultra moist cake with a light tasting homemade whipped cream topping to bring it all together. Are you looking for a showstopper to take to a get together? This is it!
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 10 tablespoons bottled Key lime juice, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Lime zest and sweetened, flaked coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Prepare and bake cake mix in prepared dish according to package directions. Let cake cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, 1 cup coconut milk, and 6 tablespoons lime juice until blended.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in warm cake, making sure handle does not touch bottom of pan. Pour coconut mixture over warm cake. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 4 hours.
- In a large chilled bowl, combine cream, confectioners’ sugar, remaining coconut milk, and remaining 4 tablespoons lime juice. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer and chilled beaters just until thickened; spread over cake. Top with lime zest and coconut, if desired. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe is part of the Southern Plate Suppers Magazine on news stands now. You can pick up a copy of this magazine most places magazines are sold or you can save yourself the trip and purchase it online with free shipping by clicking here.
This is a special re-issue of the Southern Plate Magazine that was on news stands in 2013, with revised content and a new cover. So if you have the original one and are a collector, you’ll definitely want to pick it up, if you don’t have the original one then you’re missing out on a whole collection of my recipes that have not been published anywhere else! It’s only available for a limited time and then it will be gone forever.
Once you get a copy, share a photo of you with it on my facebook page for a chance to win copies for your friends! I’ll choose one photo each week to feature and send you three copies to give away!Yum