Before I get to the 5 Min Prep S’Mores Brownies: I get a lot of questions from folks on Facebook, comments on the site, and email asking how I’m doing and how I’ve been since the accident. When last I left off, I had taken my first steps and was learning to walk again.
You’ll need: Brownie mix (and ingredients needed to make it), graham crackers, chocolate chips, and either marshmallow cream or marshmallows.
And butter. You need butter. Margarine will work just fine.
~I wrote something incredibly funny and creative here but realized it would spawn a lot of emails from folks not as gifted as we are with a sense of humor, so I deleted it. *sigh* This is why I’m way funnier in person…or around large groups of folks who don’t have access to my email address 😉 ~
I am using the 8×8 package of brownie mix but you can use the 9×13 if you like, just double the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers.
Line baking dish with graham crackers (you don’t have to grease it).
Melt your butter and brush it over the tops of the graham crackers.
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and spread on top of graham crackers. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and turn broiler on low.
This is a horrible picture but we are in the middle of our third winter so far this year 😉 So bear with me
Sprinkle marshmallows all over top or drop marshmallow cream by dollops over top, then gently spread to edges.
Sprinkling Marshmallows over the top would be easier and quicker, but for this tutorial I didn’t have them, only marshmallow cream leftover from fudge making at Christmas time. So I went with what I have. No sense in making a special trip when you can make do instead!
Place under broiler (at least six inches away from it) for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Watch carefully and do not leave unattended while it is browning because this will happen fast.
Allow to cool sligtly.
Cut, serve, enjoy!
- Graham Crackers Enough to cover bottom of baking dish
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 pkg brownie mix 8x8 size
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream or 8 ounce bag marshmallows
- Ingredients to make brownies on pkg directions
- Line bottom of 8x8 baking dish with graham crackers. Brush with melted butter.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread over top of graham crackers. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter. Bake according to directions on brownie mix package.
- Remove from oven. Turn broiler on low. Top brownies with marshmallows or spread with marshmallow cream. Place under broiler (at least six inches away from it) for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Watch carefully and do not leave unattended while it is browning because this will happen fast.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut, and enjoy!
“Sharing the good news is one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread.”
~Unknown. Submitted by Ashanti Hoskins. Click here to read more or submit your own.Yum