Today I’m bringing you a super quick and easy recipe to give us all a break during those busier than usual weeks. Even though the world won’t stop for us, we can at least streamline things a bit by serving these gorgeous sandwiches.
This is what I make when I just don’t feel like cooking because I can have them done from start to finish in ten minutes. Grab the ingredients on the way home and be sitting down to enjoy the rest of your evening shortly after walking in the door!
- 1 lb Deli Roast Beef
- 1-2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Dale's Sauce or all purpose marinade (click for recipe)
- Soft Deli Rolls such as Sara Lee
- Chop up roast beef. In large skillet, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add 1-2 tablespoons sauce, according to taste.
- Add onions and peppers and saute' until tender. Add roast beef and additional sauce (according to taste) and continue cooking over medium heat until just warmed. Take off heat and sprinkle cheese over top. Let sit until melted and then spoon onto rolls.
This recipe was originally published in 2008. I updated the photos and post in 2020.