Cheesy sauce, yellow saffron rice, tender chicken and broccoli, this casserole spells comfort food with a capital “C” for me. My mother used to make this almost weekly. It was one of her favorite casseroles to make (next to Country Casserole) because of how quick and easy it was to throw together. She usually made it the night before and left us instructions to put it in the oven around the time she left her office (she was a real estate agent for several years when we were teens). A comforting and filling supper awaited us on those nights!
- 16 ounce Jar Cheese Sauce* Such as Cheez Whiz
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 ounce package Saffron Rice
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken either canned or cooked at home
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Place cheese sauce and milk in bowl, heat for one minute in microwave and stir to combine.
- In large bowl, place cooked rice, broccoli, and chicken. Add cheese sauce mixture. Stir until well combined. Spoon into 9x13 inch casserole dish and bake at 350 for thirty minutes or until bubbly.