I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and I hope you all have an abundance of Christmas in your heart! I wanted to send you our Christmas card and share with you what I’ll be serving on Christmas day when my parents, my in laws, and some dear friends come to have lunch with us. This year, we’re also sending lunch to a family we’re friends with who just welcomed a new baby into their family yesterday!
I’m smoking a turkey and baking a ham for the entrees. The rest of my menu is a broad mix made up of everyone’s special requests! I’m also listing some additional ideas at the bottom in case you are looking for that one extra dish to add.
Please have a wonderful Christmas and remember, it’s not about what is under the tree, but the people around it 🙂
My Christmas Day Menu for 2012
- Smoked Turkey – I’m making this in my electric Masterbuilt Smoker, recipe here
- Baked Ham with Easy Peasy Glaze
- Easy Cream Corn in Butter Sauce
- Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows (Other options are: Grandmama’s Sweet Potato Casserole and Sweet Potato Creme Brulee)
- Mama’s Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- Cornbread Dressing in the Slow Cooker
- Jordan Rolls
- Grandma Lucy’s Chocolate Pie (Recipe is in my cookbook)
- Green Velvet Cake (Recipe is in my cookbook)
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- Rhyming Broccoli Salad
My Desserts for 2012:
Here are some more ideas for ya, with links to the recipes if they’re on SouthernPlate.com!
Main Meal Ideas
- Buttermilk Congealed Salad – (Cookbook p. 66)
- Fried Apples (Cookbook p.106)
- Cornbread Dressing (easy and moist) (Cookbook variation p.128) – also listed above
- Lucy’s Sweet Potato Casserole (Cookbook p. 117) – also listed above
- Green Bean and Shoepeg Corn Casserole (Cookbook only p. 226)
- Jordan Rolls (Cookbook p.16) – also listed above
- Preston Rolls (Cookbook only p.230)
- Cranberry Relish
- Candied Baby Carrots
- Last Minute Green Beans
- Fried Cabbage
- Grandmama’s Tex Mex Dip (Cookbook only p.173) – no idea why we have this at Christmas but we’d all boycott the holiday without it!
- English Pea Pimento Casserole
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad (Cookbook only p.42)
- Fried Okra (Cookbook p.224)
- Butter Stewed Potatoes
- Kid Friendly Relish Tray
- Corn Casserole (Cookbook p.23)
- Deviled Eggs (Cookbook p.24)
- MeMe’s Mashed Potatoes (Cookbook p.35)
- Garlic Mozzarella Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole (Cookbook p.33) – also listed above
- Sour Cream Hash Brown Casserole (Cookbook only p. 32)
- Watergate Salad (Cookbook only p.218)
- Cornbread Salad
- Corn Salad
- Roasted Asparagus
- Pecan Pie Muffins (Cookbook p.169)
- Streusal Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Cookbook p. 129)
- Frozen Cranberry Banana Salads (Cookbook p.188)
- Faux Pecan Pie
- Buttermilk Peach Pie
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pie
- Lucy’s Chocolate Pie (Cookbook only p. 146) – also listed above
- Aunt Sue’s Fried Chocolate Pies (Cookbook only p.146)
- German Chocolate Pie (Cookbook only p.246)
- Perfect Pecan Pie (Cookbook p.120)
- Honey Punkin Cream Cheese Pie
- Coconut Meringue Pie
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
- Ashley Mac’s Caramel Pie
- Buttermilk Pie
- Sawdust Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie (Cookbook p.192)
- Phenomenal Red Velvet Cupcakes (this recipe can be made in a 9×13 pan or 2 – 8″ Round cake pans as well.
- Good N Easy Apple Cake with Homemade Whipped Cream (Cookbook p.107)
- Chocolate Velvet Cake (Cookbook p.142)
- Quick Gingerbread Party Cupcakes/Muffins
- Green Velvet Cake (Cookbook only p.170) – also listed above
- Aunt Sue’s Pound Cake (Cookbook only p.8)
- Mama’s Custard Sauce – to go over pound cake (Cookbook only p.10)
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Apple Dapple Cake (Cookbook p.118)
- Mandarin Orange Cake (Cookbook p.14)
- Butterfinger Cake (Cookbook p.22)
- Fruit Cocktail Cake (Cookbook p.39)
- Yellow Cake with Peanut Butter Icing (Cookbook p.258)
- Chocolate Pound Cake with Fudge Glaze (Cookbook p.100)
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake (Cookbook p.130)
- Granny’s Sheath Cake (Cookbook only p.31)
- Holiday Fruit Salad (Cookbook p.164)
- Homemade Caramel Corn (Cookbook p.91)
Looking for Christmas Cookie recipes? Click here
Looking for Christmas Candy and Gift Mix Recipes? Click here
Call into the Southern Plate Story Line for a special Christmas Story!
Last night I debuted the SouthernPlate Storyline with a recording of me reading “The Night Before Christmas”!
Kids of all ages can call 256-270-0270 and hear a new story read to them each week by myself or my mother.
Regular calling rates will apply but no special charges. It will just be like calling up a friend in Alabama – which is what you’re really doing 🙂
The line can take four calls at once and is programmed to pick up on the first ring if a line is available, so if it rings and rings and rings, just give it just a few minutes and please try again. Mama and I are so excited about this!
**Please share if you know someone who might enjoy this. Thank you for letting me have so much fun!!**
Wishing you all the best blessings of Christmas!
I’d love to hear back from you in the comments below.
Feel free to share Christmas wishes with the whole Southern Plate Family!