Hello Everyone! My name is Tina, and I am so excited to be a Guest Blogger at Southern Plate. First off I want to say thank you to Christy for extending me this wonderful invitation and a spot on her wonderful site for the day.
I am a Stay at Home Mother with three of the cutest kids and a loving husband that makes all that possible. I have loved Cooking and Baking for as long as I can remember. My favorite thing to do is cook for my family and friends. There is no better feeling then sharing all your wonderful dishes.
I started Mommy’s Kitchen just a couple months back. I wanted a place to share all my favorite recipes I have collected over the years. And to let everyone know that your children are never too young to start cooking. All you have to do is give them a chance. I’d like to share one of my favorite recipes with you today, Salisbury steak Crockpot Style. This dish is so easy to prepare and is so versatile, it can be served with Mashed Potato’s, Rice or Noodles what ever tickles you’re fancy.
Add to boiling mixture.
- S1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs or Cracker Crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Small Onion Sliced I use half (Optional)
- 1 Can Condensed Beef Broth
- 1 – 4oz Can Sliced Mushrooms Drained
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 - Packet Brown Gravy Mix or 1 - Jar/Can Brown Gravy
- Mix First 5 ingredients together and shape into ovals about ¾ inches thick. Cook patties in a skillet turning once until brown. Add onion mushroom and beef broth heat to boiling. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove patties to a casserole dish and keep warm. Heat mixture until boiling. Mix water and cornstarch together to make a paste. Add to boiling mixture with a wire whisk and whisk until gravy begins to thicken. I don’t think the gravy is hearty enough for me so I also add 1 packet of brown or mushroom gravy prepared according to package directions and add to the beef broth gravy. I then pour the gravy over the patties in the casserole dish and bake at 350 until bubbly.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.