Giveaway is closed. Congratulations to Marianne Gill, Brenda Champion, and Kim V!
Brenda and Kim won in an additional giveaway for newsletter subscribers.
To make this soup, you’ll need: Borden® Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Butter, Heavy Cream (or milk), Onion, Chicken Broth, Salt, Pepper, and Paprika.
Note: It is best not to use pre-shredded cheese for this as it won’t melt as well as the block cheese will.
While Brady handles the cheese grating, Katy is getting started with the first step over on the stovetop.
I am specifically using Borden® Cheese here because it is delicious, all natural, and is made by a cooperative of over 8,000 family owned dairy farms across the United States. The cheeses they offer include: Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella, Mexican, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Colby Jack, and more. They are available in singles, shreds, chunks, slices, strings, and snacks! This is creamy, flavorful, delicious cheese made in our homeland and it just makes every dish better.
This is as simple as can be to make.
- Melt butter in a medium stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until browned.
- Add in broth, cream, and seasonings.
- Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring often, for about ten minutes.
- Add in shredded cheese and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
Check out the video to see everyone adding in their favorite toppings. This is my bowl, with diced ham and steamed broccoli. ENJOY!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cup broth
- 2 cups cream
- 16 ounces Borden® Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste I use 1/2 teaspoon each
- In medium stock pot, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned.
- Pour in broth and cream. Add seasonings. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, ten minutes.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Serve in bowls and allow family members to customize their own bowl with toppings of their choice such as: Pizza toppings and sauce, pasta, veggies, bacon, etc.
If you will accept this challenge and carry it out this week, let me know by leaving a comment below!
YOU CAN ENTER ONCE PER DAY UNTIL CONTEST CLOSES ON MARCH 27th