free hit counter

Subscribe to Christy's Free Recipe Email plus a FREE Printable Recipe Binder kit!

Thank you!

Comments

Comment Policy: Comments welcome, manners required.

1. Donna says

I don’t know how you can take credit for a pie that has been around for eons! It is not an original recipe unless you invented it. Just sayin…I’m sure you won’t post this. Not trying to offend…just stating a fact

I’m afraid lack of literacy is your Achilles heel here. In the future, you might consider reading the post (very first paragraph at least) so that you could make claims remotely based in reality. Of course I’ll post your comment and hesitate only because of the embarrassment you have brought to yourself in writing it.
      Have a great day trolling :).

2. Shirlene Weber says

I have fond memories of eating this pie at a church function. Our church made a cookbook with our favorites and this was in it. It was titled Impossible Pie. I thought it was a joke at first. I gave it a try and oh my , I could eat this once a week! So yummy. Love the story behind your favorite pie. So glad for a happy ending.

3. Barbara Miller says

Broke leg pie is what I call it. The two of you (you and your Mama) are a pair unto yourselves and so much alike. Every time I read thru this post I see you in your Mama’s place years later with both legs broken and the miracle that gifted both of you a speedy and near complete recovery. God is truly great. I <3 a happy ending.

4. Daria McLeod says

I’ve been craving something sweet ever since starting on a low-carb diet. I substituted unsweetened Almond milk, and a truvia/sugar baking blend, along with unsweetened coconut. It turned out perfectly and has spared me from dreaming of donuts and cake!

Loved your story, too.

5. Julie D says

Being raised by matriarcal women from Savannah, I loved all the food that was cooked and taught to me. I LOVE your recipes and your comments about the food or other things that you talk about. So glad I found this site!

6. Barbara M says

Thank you, Christy, for an easy, tasty pie that I will enjoy trying! I so agree about Pioneer Biscuit/ Baking Mix! Best biscuits that beat my homemade. And it makes wonderful Chicken n Dumplings ( the soft tender kind, not a pasta type)
    I use the Buttermilk Biscuit Mix.
    So glad to hear your Mom survived and healed from the wreck. Tell her Thank you for the recipe! ❤️️❤️️❤️️

7. Kentuckylady717 says

Hi Christy,

Just have to tell you I made this pie and had to throw it out…

I think it was because I used ORGANIC LIGHT & FLUFFY COCONUT ….I made it just like you said, but maybe it would have been better if I had added the coconut to the other mixture like one of your commenters said she did….

After baking for 40 mins. cooled and put in fridge until the next day, cut a slice, and the coconut was all on top….none had soaked into the mixture…..do you think this was the issue ?

So you may want to add this info to your pie recipe, not to use the kind of coconut that I used…but use the regular coconut .

Can you send me msg . and let me know what you think ?