I posted this recipe for Chewy Loaded Oatmeal Cookies eight years ago and they have remained my absolute favorite. But when I pulled up the recipe this morning to make them for family that is coming to visit next week, I realized the recipe itself needed some updating. So I’m posting them again with the rewritten recipe that is easier to understand and written in the correct format. 🙂
I’ll be in the kitchen most of today getting ready for one of our family Thanksgivings this weekend so I have lots of cooking and baking to do. I hope you are looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday spent with family and friends!
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark raisins plus more for putting on top
- ½ cup golden raisins plus more for putting on top
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup diced walnuts
- Place sugars and butter in mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Add egg, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix again.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix again until blended and a dough is formed.
- Add in oats, raisins, cranberries, and walnuts and mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Top with a few additional raisins of each color.
- Bake at 350 for twelve to fifteen minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheets and cooling completely.