Easy and delicious Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken
Hey friends! Today I’m excited to share a wonderful recipe and a great new cookbook with you. My friend, Mary, at Barefeet in The Kitchen, has come out with her own cookbook, The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook, and it’s got me excited!
Her ideas are fresh, family friendly, and delicious. While flipping through this book I didn’t find any recipes that I already make, but tons of new ones that jumped out at my taste buds. The main thing, though, is that nothing felt “weird” to me – and if you cook for a family you know what I’m talking about!
I asked Mary if I could share her Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken and I wasn’t at all surprised when she graciously agreed. I know you’ll enjoy “meeting” her as much as I enjoy knowing her!
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying or olive oil cooking spray for baking
- 2 large limes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, chili powder,salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add egg and milk and whisk until smooth. Add chicken tenders to the flour mixture and stir to coat well.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a separate medium sized bowl. Dip each chicken tender in the bread crumbs and then place on a plate.
- To pan fry: Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add chicken to skillet in small batches and let cook, undisturbed, for two minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip and repeat with the other side until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the center. Repeat until all tenders are done.
- To make in oven: Preheat oven to 425. Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and lightly grease with oil or cooking spray. Place crumb coated chicken strips on wire rack. Spray liberally with olive oil spray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Note: The crumb coating won't brown when cooked this way but will still be delicious!
- Transfer chicken to plate. Squeeze lime wedges over chicken and drizzle with honey just before serving.
“Everybody can be great … because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
~Martin Luther King JR