I’m excited to have a guest in our kitchen today on SouthernPlate.com. Please welcome Tricia from Hodge Podge Mom as she shares her grandmother’s recipe for potato chip cookies! I can’t wait to make these – Thank you so much Tricia!
I just mix up those crushed chips, some flour, butter, vanilla, and sugar, bake them in the oven and you’ve got cookies!
I hope you’ll get to try these soon!
- 2 -1/2 oz almonds (Optional, I omit them)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- Grease cookie sheet(s).
- Cream together butter and sugar, then vanilla.
- Alternate adding in chips and flour.
- Add almonds last.
- The dough will have a dry consistency so you may have to squish it together some with your hands to form the cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Submit your quote to our collection or read more by clicking here.
Tricia was born and raised in Marietta, GA. She gave up life in the drive thru lane for the joy-filled road home. She homeschools five children from preschool to middle school. You can find her facing that daily dose of chaos at Hodgepodge. There she writes about practical schooling strategies and shares how she is saving bucks and her sanity with the frugal recipes of her Southern roots. Tricia is also known as Hodgepodgemom.