If you like Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza, you’re going to love my homemade taco pizza recipe. All of your favorite taco flavorings and toppings are layered on top of a pizza crust.
Where Mexican meets Italian. Taco pizza is my heart song, plain and simple. It’s a copycat recipe inspired by the delicious Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell (who else is a fan?).
It is made up entirely of flavors I love, including refried beans, salsa, taco seasoning, ground beef, tortilla chips, and lots of melted cheddar cheese. Thankfully, it takes just minutes to get into the oven. All you have to do is cover your store-bought pizza crust with the cooked toppings of your choice and pop it in the oven. It’s that easy!
With the filling of seasoned refried beans and beef, this easy taco pizza recipe is twice as filling as a regular pizza so just one is all we need for supper. For the picky eaters, you can simply leave the toppings off and let everyone customize their own. I’ve included lots of options below, too. This recipe is a win all around and a definite family favorite. Are you ready to try it for yourself?
- A prepared pizza crust or make a homemade pizza stuffed crust (I buy the shelf-stable prepared pizza crusts on the aisle with the spaghetti sauce and we love them).
- Cooked ground beef
- Refried beans
- Taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Place cooked ground beef, salsa, refried beans, and taco seasoning into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
You can cook your ground beef first, drain, and then add everything else if you need to. I usually keep cooked ground beef in my freezer.
Cook and stir this until heated through and bubbly.
Spread this beef mixture over the pizza crust.
Top with crushed tortilla chips.
This is why, whenever we get towards the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips, I usually make this taco pizza recipe 😁.
Top this with as much shredded cheese as you like. Normally, I’d use about a cup and a half.
If my cheese-loving husband is watching me make this, that amount tends to double.
Place this back in the oven for just long enough to allow the cheese to get all melty.
Top with your favorite taco toppings. I usually add fresh , , and sour cream. The options are limitless.
Cold taco pizza anyone? Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or air fryer. You can also freeze leftovers for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- To make this a gluten-free taco pizza, simply substitute the pizza crust for a gluten-free version. Double-check all other ingredients don’t have any hidden gluten as well!
- You can definitely substitute the ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey. To go vegetarian, opt for black beans or kidney beans instead.
- Here are some other taco topping suggestions: enchilada sauce, diced avocado, sliced green onion, hot sauce, and sliced black olives.
- For something different, you can substitute the pizza crust for crescent roll dough or Pillsbury pizza dough. Another option is to add the toppings to flatbread instead.
- For extra flavor, swap the tortilla chips for crushed Doritos. YUM.
- You can use any cheese you like, whether that’s cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Mexican cheese blend, or Colby Jack cheese.
Check out these other tempting taco-inspired recipes:
- 1 can refried beans 16-ounce
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained well
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips roughly
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 prepared pizza crust preferably deep dish
- In a skillet or saucepan, combine the cooked ground beef, taco seasoning, refried beans, and salsa over medium-high heat. Stir until heated through and bubbly. Spread onto pizza crust.1 can refried beans, 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 lb ground beef, 3/4 cup salsa, 1 prepared pizza crust
- Top with the crushed tortilla chips and as much cheese as you like. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.2 cups tortilla chips, 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
Oh my goodness! I LOVE THIS QUOTE! (See all my other quote pictures by clicking here. You are welcome to use/share them).