This is an apple pizza recipe I whipped up because I LOVE the apple dessert pizzas that all of the pizza chains have. I got to thinking that it would have to be a quick and easy recipe for them to make them on such a large scale. After taking a few minutes to wrap my head around it and dream up the ingredients, I went shopping and made a Southern Plate version of Apple Pizza Dessert.
You’re gonna need:
- Pizza crust,
- Apple pie filling,
- Quick oats,
- Brown sugar,
For the glaze on top you’ll also need
- Confectioner’s sugar,
- milk, and
Most pizza crusts I buy come in two packs so this is a great time to mosey on over and make Taco Pizza, first then serve this for dessert. Good eatin!
*Tips for using fresh apples after the recipe card below.
- First off, open that can of pie filling.
- You’ll notice most of the apples are in slices in there so we want to dice them up a bit so they’ll spread better.
- What I do is take a long bladed knife and stick it down in the center, then pull it to the side.
- Repeat this over and over and you dice up the apples in the can with no mess.
- Now take out one of those pizza crusts and put it on a baking sheet.
- Spread the pie filling over the top of the crust.
- In a small bowl, place brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and oats.
- Stir to combine.
Cut up 1/2 stick of margarine (or butter) and place in the bowl.
Using a long tined fork, cut that into the dry mixture until it looks like this.
- So you can cut the butter in until it looks like this or you can just cut it in until you get tired of fooling with it. Pizza will still be good. ~shrugs~ I’m easy to please.
- Take that topping and sprinkle it all over your apple pizza pie filling and crust.
This bowl I’m using is a Pyrex one in a pattern called “Gooseberry Pink”. The style of bowl is called “Cinderella”. Cinderella bowls had two handles on them , one slightly larger than the other, and they were raised on the sides so that the handles could be used as pouring spouts. If you scroll up and look at the top view photos of the bowl you’ll see what I mean.
Ok, back to the recipe…
- Here is our apple pizza all ready to bake
- Place it in a 350 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Making the Glaze
- To make our glaze, place one cup of confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and..
- Add about two tablespoons of milk.
You can add more if you need to but start with this, you’ll be surprised at how far it goes once you start stirring.
- Stir that up good and add your vanilla
- Stir again
- Use your spoon to drizzle the icing over the top.
Here’s your slice. Can’t you just taste the wonderful flavors?
Let pizza cool for about five minutes or so before eating
(just enough so you don’t burn the tar out of your mouth when you take a bite)
If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it;
blame yourself that you are not poet enough
to call forth its riches.
Submit your quote by clicking here. (Always love getting new quotes!)